Saturday, September 10, 2005

Corrections

Sometimes when I'm writing this, it's on the fly. And the problem is that I make mistakes. Big mistakes. And I hate making mistakes. But if I do, I want to correct them.

Here are some of them:

  • In this post, I said that Archie and Harvey never made romance comics. I couldn't have been more wrong. Archie had a couple of series (Darling Love, being one of them), but Harvey had a ton, including First Romance, First Love, and High-School Romance, all which lasted more than 50 issues. I don't know how I screwed that one up.
  • I still haven't read any of the manga I bought, but someone wrote a comment saying that Fruits Baskets is not a romance comic. So I'm sorry about that. And I do promise to read some of this stuff, although I can't promise I'll like it.
  • When I wrote about the Fox Comics romance titles here, I said that Victor Fox, the owner and publisher, worked for DC before starting out on his own. Well, that's just an old wives' tale. According to the book, Men of Tomorrow (which is excellent, by the way, and highly recommended), a history of the very beginnings of the comic book industry, this is bunk. Fox never worked in the comic book industry before he started up his own company.
That's all the mistakes I know I made -- if I've made some more, please post a comment. I'd much rather be corrected than be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment