Monday, July 17, 2006

Now where was I (redux)...

My wife and I (I almost typed, "the wife," but I remembered how much she hates that) bought a condo a month-and-half-ago, and in the preparation for doing so and all the hassle after, I'd nearly forgotten about romance comic books.

I know, I know. How can that be? you ask. Well, when the weight of a gigantic mortgage is looming ahead, you stop thinking about the wonders of 50s pulp and instead start dreaming of 50s wiring (when I think our place was last updated).

But now that things have calmed down and we've nearly finished unpacking (only slowed recently by the opressive heat), my mind again has returned to the wonderful world of love, the four-color variety.

In the months that I've been gone, however, not much else has changed. Manga is still the lone voice of love, Marvel released its reworkings of old romance comics (which I did not buy) and a romance trade paperback (ditto), and for the most part, the genre (and most non-super-hero ones) are still nearly forgotten.

It's a lonely plight, this love of romance comics.

I'll be posting more often again, with more covers, more interesting tidbits on comics history, and more links (if I can find them). I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment