Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Romance Writers of America 2007 RITA Finalists

RWA anncouned their 2007 finalists. Below are some of my personal favorite authors and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of them>


2007 RITA for Best Contemporary Single Title Romance Finalists

Irresistible by Susan Mallery
Harlequin Enterprises, HQN - (3737711772)
Abby Zidle, editor

Susan Mallery has written wonderful series I've enjoyed throughout the years. Desert Rogues, Marcelli Sisters and now her Buchanan series which are set here in Seattle, WA. This nomination is for one of her Buchanan books. I've had the priviledge of personally getting to know Susan and we finally met this year at the Emerald City Writer's Conference. Bravo Susan, my friend!!

2007 RITA for Best Long Contemporary Romance Finalists

Make-Believe Cowboy by Terry McLaughlin
Harlequin Enterprises, Harlequin Superromance - (037371372X)
Laura Shin, editor

I also met for the first time the lovely Terry at the Seattle RWA conference where be both volunteered for the meet and greet! Best of luck to you! It's wonderful to see two of Seattle's RWA Chapter members nominated!

2007 RITA for Best Romantic Novella Finalists

"'Tis the Silly Season" in A NASCAR Holiday by Roxanne St.Claire
Harlequin Enterprises, HQN - (373771568)
Abby Zidle, editor

"You Can Count on Me" in I'll Be Home for Christmas by Roxanne St.Claire
Pocket Books - (074344227X)
Micki Nuding, editor

What can I say about my dear friend Rocki? She is so deserving of this nomination. I think I've read every book she has written and personally love her Bullet Catcher Series which one of her books are being nominated for "You Can Count on Me"! Great news and best of luck


2007 RITA for Best Paranormal Romance Finalists
His Mistress By Morning by Elizabeth Boyle
Avon Books, Treasure - (60784024)
Lyssa Keusch, editor

Elizabeth is a member of the RWA Eastside Chapter where I belong but haven't been able to attend many meetings. She has an incredible "twinkle" in her eyes and is so very knowledgeable about writing. Wonderful news, Elizabeth and congrats!


2007 RITA for Best Short Historical Romance Finalists

The Barefoot Princess by Christina Dodd
Avon Books - (60561178)
Carrie Feron, editor

I've also had the priviledge of reading and meeting Christina! Wonderful news for you and what a 2007 conference this will be for you and your friends who have been nominated!

No comments:

Post a Comment