Friday, December 7, 2007

Library Thing Website

I recently attended a romance author conference and went to a workshop where a member of my RWA chapter, author and a employee at the King County Library mentioned this website. She stated that libraries in the Pacific Northwest look at this site to see if they want to purchase local authors books or to see what category romance readers are reading.

I have been a member for some time....the membership was free and I wanted to catalogue the books I was reading and share my reviews with others. I recently paid for a lifetime membership and it's a way to share my love of romance reading. Here's some info, if you're interested and my book catalogue is MarilynS. If you see yourself on the website, please add your photo. If you have an admin I would certainly suggest you add your books for others to see.

How can authors use LibraryThing?

Every author automatically has an "author page" on LibraryThing—it's generated by the system as soon as someone adds a book written by you to their library.

Add a photo or picture to your author page.

Add links to your website, your blog, your publisher, interviews, fan sites, etc.

LibraryThing is also a great place for authors to connect on a personal level with their readers. Become an official LibraryThing Author, and showcase some of your personal books for interested readers.

Are you a reader who wants to try your hand at reviewing?

Here's your chance to review for your favorite author. It's free and a place to share with others what you're reading.

How can libraries use LibraryThing?

Fully integrate LibraryThing's social data into your catalog using LibraryThing for Libraries. LTFL lets you add tag-based browsing, book recommendations, ratings, reviews and more to your OPAC, by integrating with LibraryThing and its high-quality book data.

Link: http://www.librarything.com

No comments:

Post a Comment