Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fashion Files - Menswear of 1971

Belt? Check! Sweater? Check!

Sure, it may be getting warm out there now – but believe me… you will want one of these come autumn!



I also read design and crafting blogs and came across the above images on a blog called doe-c-doe. I knew I had seen those groovy sweaters somewhere before! Presenting... belted sweaters for men! Oh my!

Heart Throbs #135 (November 1971). Cover by Art Saaf.
Who will she marry? I would pick the guy in the belted sweater if I were her!

Girls’ Love Stories #159 (May 1971).
Notice the guy in the background who appears to be ice skating... on land. None of that matters though, when you are the proud owner of a belted sweater!

1971 must have been a good year for fashionable men who disliked threading a belt through their pants!

Thanks Gina for digging up such a fun image and letting me share it with romance comic book fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment