Friday, July 17, 2009

The Gender Bias in Statutory Rape

I just read a very intriguing article on this link:

http://www.blogher.com/gender-bias-statutory-rape#comments

When it is a very (annoying and accepted) 'accident' to read an (adult) male raped a (child or teenage) female, I must say that it is very relieving for me (LOL) to know that in fact there is on the way around case, although of course it would be (perhaps) only one case among a thousand (or million) cases?

It does not mean that it is okay for me to rape (male) children or teenagers. A rape is a rape, a crime. However, to tell the whole world that women can also do what men do, in this case, is what I meant to say.

Anyway, I am wondering if the male children raped will undergo similar trauma just like many female children have undergone?

SPB 14.51 170709

No comments:

Post a Comment