Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Link-o-saurus Rex!

Good evening! As I have been catching up on my blog reading from the past few days, I have come across a couple fun discussions on romance comics that you should be aware of!

Over at CBR's Scott's Classic Comics Corner , the column's namesake has put together a really nice post on ACG's recycled romance covers. I haven't had a chance to cover ACG's 1960s romance here yet, but I sure am feeling inspired to buy some after reading Scott's piece!

Check out this clever post featuring early '60s Marvel romance panels set to The J. Geils Band's Love Stinks at the ever entertaining blog, Bully Says: Comics Oughta Be Fun! I wish I could be half as funny!

The last link I have to share is actually from back in August. My fellow romance comic presenter at the CAC in San Diego, Jarett Kobek has made available a link to his presentation from the conference. I neglected to post his slide show directly, which I really should have done right away. Anyway, here is Jarett's incredibly compelling presentation, Introducing the New Teen Swinger: Romance Comics in the Summer of Love.

Be sure to vote on the new poll here at Sequential Crush. There are only 15 days left to let it be known which decade is your favorite era for romance comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment