Tuesday, August 24, 2010

review Till Dawn with the Devil: Lords of Vice by Alexandra Hawkins

Till Dawn with the Devil: Lords of Vice
Author: Alexandra Hawkins
genre-Historical romance
mass paperback 336 pgs
authors website


description
Few women can resist a man like Gabriel “Reign” Housely, the Earl of Rainecourt. With divine good looks, delectable charms, and delicious wealth, h ...more Few women can resist a man like Gabriel “Reign” Housely, the Earl of Rainecourt. With divine good looks, delectable charms, and delicious wealth, he would seem to be every marriage-minded mother’s dream match for their daughters. But not so, given the mysterious death of his first wife. Fortunately for Gabriel, he has no plans to seriously court any of the London ladies ever again. That is, until he shares one unforgettable dance with a mysterious stranger….
Exquisitely beautiful though decidedly modest, Lady Sophia usually shuns the festive ballrooms of London society. But when a man who calls himself “Reign” enters her life—seemingly from out of nowhere—and shows her true kindness, her wary young heart begins to melt. Of course, Sophia would be shocked to learn the truth about Reign’s past. But when scandal strikes, this devilish stranger may be her only salvation



My Review

rating-
sexual

I really enjoyed this book, but then again I do love a good scandal with a devilish hot wicked man, so this one hit the spot. This book gave me a mystery, emotions, excitement and lots of suspires. I just really wish I would have read the first novel, because the first part was a little confusing, then I caught on and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough.

Some spoilers
What I loved most about this book was as I kept reading, I really found Reign and Sophie was really made to be together. Sophie has a small problem she was hit in the head when she was a child and lost some of her eye site and had to use a walker to get around. She is staying with her brother Stephen in London and goes to a dance, she meets Reign there. She knows the gossip about his late dead wife and doesn’t believe them, but her bother does. When Reign is found alone with her Stephen goes nuts and tells her never to see Reign again. Ya right, like that’s going to happen, as you know she does see Reign again and things goes well until, her so called brother gives Sophie away in a card game for marriage to another man. Well you’ll have to read to find out how Reign and his devilish ways comes to save the day for Sophie. Let me tell you she needs saving the way her bother treats her grrr!

The book does drag a bit, but was well worth the read for me, so much so I will be reading the first and book three now.



No comments:

Post a Comment