Saturday, November 5, 2011

guest author Ami Blackwelder


What lies beneath the water? This is the question I ask in my latest release The Mers, which came out halloween night! Available on kindle, nook, smashwords. Would we find enlarged sea monsters? Mermaids? If our world ceased to be as it is now....and the land crumbled beneath the water....how would we survive?

I love teasing readers with dystopian questions about how our actions will affect our future. I like to make readers think. But I also want them to have fun. So, in most of my novels, The Mers included, I give the reader a plausible world, one plausible way our world could turn out and insert many heart-felt characters to tell a story that is relatable on a very human level.

I enjoy reading stories that are not just unpredictable, but also character driven. I love to fall-in-love with the characters. When I write I keep those two points alive. I want readers to sit at the seat of their pants, to cry, laugh, throw something when the characters does something they didn’t like. I want my readers to care, to FEEl. After all, that is half the fun of reading fiction. That and an amazing new world.

I hope I do that for all my readers with my array of novels: The Gate of Lake Forest (elf romance), Shifter Evolutions (books 1-6, shifter romance), The Day the Flowers Died (historical romance set in Munich, Germany 1930), and with my latest book The Mers.

I am building a variety of worlds for readers to explore: elf, shifter, mermaid...but also I will be writing about angels, psychic abilities, and vampires. So, look out for a plethora of intriguing worlds to enter in 2012! 

Do we really ever know what we are stepping into whether in the water or in our life? What if everything you thought you knew turned out to be a lie?

Please check out my latest release The Mers and find out why my books are stories readers just can’t put down (I’m not kidding)



Please order the books from kindle, nook, amazon, BnN online and front desk, and on the author's website.















Book Trailer code:


Enclosed are images to include and a bio and synopsis.

SYNOPSIS:

Paranormal and SciFi Author Ami Blackwelder will have two new books out soon!

Find out more about her and her books at http://amiblackwelder.blogspot.com


The Invasion of 2020, the first book in the Shifter Evolutions series is scheduled to be released Sept 1st 2011, (Books 1-5 are out now)
The Invasion of 2020 is the prequel to Shifters of 2040. The Shifter Evolutions begins with the middle book, The Shifters of 2040, and gives the reader the choice for the past or future. This release of the first book in the series, The Invasion of 2020, will allow readers to engage the series chronologically also.
Readers will enjoying finding out more about Uri Petrov and Dr. Samantha Croon as they discover what exactly brought the shifters to Earth and what sparked human fears. Who was the young Marn and young Raul and what molded them into who they became?

BIO:

Ami Blackwelder is a forbidden romance writer in the paranormal and historical romance genre. Growing up in Florida, she went to UCf and in 1997 received her BA in English and teaching credentials. She travelled overseas to teach in Thailand, Nepal, Tibet, China and Korea. Thailand is considered her second home now. She has always loved writing and wrote poems and short stores since childhood; however, her novels began when she was in Thailand.

Having won the Best Fiction Award from the University of Central Florida (Yes, The Blair Witch Project University;), her fiction From Joy We Come, Unto Joy We Return was published in the on campus literary magazine: Cypress Dome and remains to this day in University libraries around the country. Later, she achieved the Semi-Finals in a Laurel Hemingway contest and published a few poems in the Thailand’s Expat magazine, and an article in the Thailand’s People newspaper. Additionally, she has published poetry in the Korea’s AIM magazine, the American Poetic Monthly magazine and Twisted Dreams Magazine.

http://amiblackwelder.blogspot.com


Straddling Lane, Frenier’s knees dug into the soft porch sofa and his arms braced on each side of her neck. He dangled a fresh strawberry above her wet lips and teased. The resolute glint in her eyes stayed fixed on the moist fruit as it oscillated.

“Let me have it!” she demanded, her long tongue showing.

“Come and get it,” he whispered, his breath blowing over her porcelain like face. With only his beige trousers on, the beads of water from the shower earlier slid over his defined muscles and dropped one by one over Lane’s naked leg. In only lace panties and a pink bra, her blonde hair sprawled over the sofa, under- neath and behind her. Like the indents in desert sand made by slithering snakes, her hair appeared soft and perfectly patterned.

“Give it to me, Frank!” She batted her lashes, her chin angling upward as her lips fought to secure the strawberry. Like getting a fish to charge at bait, Frenier had become an expert fisherman when it came to her, when it came to most women. Both players at love, they understood the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment