Thursday, November 5, 2009

Finding Inspiration. What? Stalling? Who, me?


Just wanted to share some sites with photography that inspires me. While I know there are plenty of awesome-- in the most literal sense of the word-- photographs of inspirational nature scenes, as a fantasy writer, I take a lot of inspiration from digital photography. Especially those with interesting lighting effects that create a narrative in the photo that wasn't there before.

Kind of like the little details we weave into our stories make them original.

Vandelay Design has a huge collection of them here.






And deviantART has a great gallery of images under Photomanipulation, which is where I found the amazing first image for this post. Don't these all beg to have a story told about them? Do they each have a narrative that speaks to you? What makes them so special?

Hope this helps you keep those creative juices flowing! Keep up the good work. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment