Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Review of Kismet by Monica Burns

Kismet
Author Monica Burns
Historical romance
Trade paperback 380, pgs.
Authors website



Book description
In the heat of the desert night, passion rises like a flame...

Raised in a brothel, Allegra Synnford quickly learned that survival meant taking charge of her destiny. Now, as a renowned courtesan skilled in the pleasures of the flesh, she vows she will never be vulnerable to any one man...

Sheikh Shaheen of the Amazigh has been hiding from his past for a long time, but not enough to forget how another courtesan made him abandon his life as the Viscount Newcastle. When Allegra ignites his desire, his need threatens to undermine his cover.

With old enemies circling, experience tells him he must resist her charms at all costs. But Allegra has her own game to play...with a man who can't afford to lose.


Laurie's review
Rating-

Sexual-

I really like this book. It starts out typical boy and girl meets asks her for a night and girl says no then the guy just has to have her. As you keep reading it starts to turn really good and dangerously exacting. The girl (Kismet) gets kidnapped and the guy (Shaheen) saves her by buying her form a evil man. Then things starts heating up between them, but there is still the threat that the same evil man will come back for Kismet. So Shaheen sends her away they don’t part well at this point meaning Shaheen tells her lies to get her to leave for her safety, but is it really? OMG NO! its not for the best!
If you like historic romance with happiness, sadness, sizzling romance, betrayals and enemies. You may like this one too. I have to say I really felt sorry for Kismet, I would not want to be in her shoes what she goes through alone from the evil man is enough to make you use a box of tissues. I would love to tell you more, but this book is to good to spoil to much.

It takes along while before you read sizzling romance between Kismet and Shaheen, I will say for someone like me that likes more of it and earlier in the book, I never really missed it because of all the different emotions going on.

I would like to also add there are times where Kismet and Shaheen are at odds or not with each other, but its not like other books I have read this one has the love between them and I felt it while reading it. So it didn’t upset me or make me mad like the other books did.

No comments:

Post a Comment