Saturday, April 16, 2011

Interview with romance author ANNA KERALEIGH

Hello Anna and welcome to Bitten By Paranormal Romance! I sure enjoyed reading about those "muscled models" wearing loincloths in FAIRY FLAVOR. I'm looking forward to your next FAIRY installment!


Please tell us a little about yourself.
I’ve always been a reader and an animal lover. Fairy Flavor was my first attempt at a novel and I’m so in love with writing it’s like the ultimate orgasm. Romance to me is filled with so much hope and never ending promises. Combine that with the limitless possibilities of fantasy and I’m in heaven.


What inspired you to write?
My nose was always in a book as a kid and then I seen the movie Romancing the Stone. From that moment on, I knew I wanted to be a writer. It was always something I wanted to do and when I lost my job last year I decided to give it a try. So far, the feedback has been fantastic and a dream come true.


Do you have a favorite among your heroes and heroines?
Each character has their own features that make me fall in love and care about their future. Brook was very much like myself and Carrick seemed so genuinely sweet, it was so wonderful to write their story. I just finished writing Thame’s story, The Ravaged Fairy. I was a little unsure at the beginning how all would work out. He’s so solitary and didn’t have a personality that really came across as ‘mate friendly’. All that changed as he meets a shy clumsy Irish lass. He bloomed, peeked, opened up, whatever you want to call it. Thame became a man with a heart. That has endeared him to me forever.


I am very excited about writing Whisper’s story. He’s something special to me, a secret crush. Is it sad I have a crush on a figment of my own imagination? I guess that’s one of the perks of being an author. *Grins*


I also can’t wait to write Morrigan, Brook’s cousin into the series. She’s grabbing my heart and not letting go. Her personality is a tough girl that will not take crap from anybody. I can’t help but wonder what she’ll do when faced with a sexy fairy intent on seducing her.








Who are your favorite authors? Favorite books?
There are just so many wonderful authors out there. Shayla Black, Lora Leigh, Nalini Singh, all the talented ladies at Evernight Publishing. I read just about anything in romance.


Do you write any other sub-genre? Do you have a favorite?
I love romance, I’m a hopeful romantic. I also am enamored with the fantasy genre. Where else can romance collide with fairy folklore and create Fairy Flavor? There are just so many possibilities and twists. I love it.


What are you working on next? Are there any plans for Valen “the sex God on steroids” story? He desperately needs his own HEA!
Everybody loves Valen, I had no idea he’d go over so big. He will indeed get his own story. I have the list of whose book is next and a ‘meet the fairies’ page on my website.


Please tell us a little about The Fairy Series.
The Fairy species is dying out. Only seven males and two female fairies remain. With the discovery of human mates, they must now find the other half of their soul. As if finding one person in all the earth isn’t hard enough. Fiendish creatures know as trolls lay in wait to destroy every fairy in existence and take control of the beautiful fairy kingdom. Will this be the last of the fairies?

What inspired you to have your Fairies, the male variety, wear nothing more than loincloths?
Selfishness, lol, if I had to write and picture them all day they were going to wear very little. Clothes should not cover up all those hard muscles and tanned skin.


Review of FAIRY FLAVOR



JUST FOR FUN!

Favorite Movie or Television program:
Just one? I can’t do it. There are so many I watch repeatedly. True Blood, Castle, Cleopatra 2525, Robin Hood (with Kevin Costner), The Three Musketeers (Yes, the one with Charlie Sheen, before he was a warlock.), The Matchmaker, etc. (I could go on for pages.)


Coffee or Tea:
Both, with a side of hot naked man. (Brad Pitt or Eric Northman will do.)


Favorite food:
Chocolate covered strawberries.


Car I'd like to own before I kick the bucket:
I’m very earth friendly and I can’t wait to get my hands on that new electric car!


Favorite ice cream:
Chocolate because you can put it on any part of the body and it will taste delicious.

Anna, thank you for being our guest today.  It's been fun and ITA about chocolate! 

Be sure to visit Anna Keraleigh's website to see what is happening in her Fairy Series.  She has a couple of free reads too!






No comments:

Post a Comment