Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review Mythic by Jae Lynne Davies

Title:Mythic
Author:Jae Lynne Davies
Source: Requested review from Bewitching tours
Genre- Urban Fantasy, love triangle
Authors website 




Centuries after the death of her family, human/vampire hybrid, Gianna Marino is determined to shed the blood of the vampire responsible. 


Disguising herself as a human wanting to be turned, she infiltrates the enemy’s coven with the hope of bending him to her will and destroying him from the inside.

But when a handsome stranger enters the scene and is lured into their seductive game that results in a heated love triangle, she discovers a secret that blurs the lines between good and evil, forever changing the course of her existence, and destiny will soon determine on which side she’ll stand.






Rating-


Sexual-

Mythic is a love triangle reader’s paradise. This book is not my typical read. I stick with romance that has HEA’S closer at the end. I had a reviewer take this book to review, but she ended up not liking it and couldn’t finish it. So it was up to me to do it. I really didn’t want to read this book because I hate love triangles. Why I hate love triangles? Because I am always rooting for one guy and then the other and it ends up in a heartbreak that I can’t stand… Why can’t the girl have both? I mean come on who can choose between two great guys UGH. So, I wasted a whole morning trying to avoid my duty in reading this book. When I finally got around to reading it I found the first of the book very interesting and different, I had to keep reading. Then I found the author added an interesting twist and turns to the story, which I found simply marvelous by the way. I had to keep reading, then the author added a lot of hot sex, so you know I had to keep reading then;) Oh my, maybe it isn’t as bad as I thought it would be and I kept going…. I ended up enjoying the characters, I didn’t at first think I would like hard core bad butt Mattais, but I ended up liking him the most. I also liked Nicholas he was sweet, see I can’t make up my mind ugh. Anyhow, I did end up liking the book a lot more than I thought as some of you can tell because I would normal rate a book like this a 1 or a 2. 3 so that’s saying a lot for me. I would even love to keep reading this if I knew that Gianna would stick with Mattais, but the way it reads now she probably won’t. This book does carry a HEA, but it could change in the next book.

What I didn’t really care for was the heroine Gianna. Every guy wants to have sex with her that drove me crazy. She ends up with of course, sleeping with Mattais and Nicholas. But there’s two others that want in her pants and does try it. But some of you may find this lady really lucky LOL.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, I would to anyone who loves these love triangles. With the action, twist and turns and the hot sex in this story it would be paradise to someone that loves these stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment