Friday, September 30, 2011

Review Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole

Title:Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)
Author: Kresley Cole
Source: I purchased
Genre Paranormal romance
Format: Mass paperback



HE VOWED HE’D COME FOR HER . . .
Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan the Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities, yet with no memory of his past lives.

SHE AWAITS HIS RETURN . . .

When Regin encounters Declan Chase, a brutal Celtic soldier, she recognizes her proud warlord reincarnated. But Declan takes her captive, intending retribution against all immortals—unaware that he belongs to their world.

TO SATE A DESIRE MORE POWERFUL THAN DEATH . . .

Yet every reincarnation comes with a price, for Aidan is doomed to die when he remembers his past. To save herself from Declan’s torments, will Regin rekindle memories of the passion they once shared—even if it means once again losing the only man she could ever love?





I really enjoy this series, but I just couldn’t for the likes of me get it to this book. So, yet again I am the odd ball in the bunch of 4 and 5 star reviews with my sad 3 stars and that’s being generous. I’m not going to get it to the story, I’m just going to tell what I did and didn’t like about the book.

What I didn’t like:
I felt the story dragged way too much. Then just when the story was about over things were way to rushed.

I am so tired of books that parallels with older books in a series. It seems like all the bigger author now are doing this and I am tired of it.

The torture was outrageous! I can see some of way Regin had to go through it. I either missed it, but I never caught why Chase had to go through his torture. Still I just didn’t care for Reign as a Valkrie going through all of this just for her mate. I guess I would have rather her fight for her mate another way.

So my overall problem is. I don’t like to read my romance where the hero is betting the crap out of the heroine (even though he doesn’t know her), along with all the other violence she went though. So needless to say, I didn’t find this book one bit romantic.

I have always enjoyed the humor Ragin had and I missed it in this book. I was hoping to have a good fun read with her and her hero.

What I liked about this book
Natalya the dark fey, she was really interesting and I hope to read about her more.

I liked reading more on Lothaire, he is really growing one me, I can’t wait for his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment