Wednesday, September 21, 2011

ARC REVIEW OF Dark Sins and Desert Sands by Stephanie Draven

ARC REVIEW OF Dark Sins and Desert Sands
Title: Dark Sins and Desert Sands
Author: Stephanie Draven
Source: Requested Review
Genre: Paranormal Romantic Suspense
Format: ebook - 288 pages
Release Date: 10/18/2011
Author's Website (You can also sign up for her newsletter here.)


Wrongfully accused and broken by torture, an American soldier transforms into a mind-controlling minotaur bent on revenge…only to fall in love with his beautiful but cool-eyed interrogator.
Ray Stavrakis is out for revenge. As an Arab-American soldier accused of treason, Ray was interrogated and tortured so brutally, he's been transformed into a monster of ancient imagination. He can enter the maze of other people's minds and learn their secrets--even get them to do his bidding. This is a power he intends to use on Dr. Layla Bahset, the woman who broke him.
But Layla is now working as a Las Vegas psychologist and she has a secret. She can't remember her past and she can't remember Ray. When he enters her mind, there is nothing but a sandy desert, and he realizes that she's no ordinary woman. Layla and Ray become the target of a chase that is altogether other-worldly. Pursued by an Egyptian war god, Layla and Ray find their fates, and passions, increasingly entwined. And they learn that in a modern world in which the gods of old civilizations use mortals like playthings, they need each other to survive.



Rating



Sexual



MY REVIEW
This was such a well written story. I just can't get over how much I enjoyed it. It was a paranormal, romantic suspense novel. I have a lot of nice things to say about this book, but the best part of it for me was how smooth the writing was in the story. I felt like I was in the story watching everything happen live. There was a lot of very realistic dialogue between several very
interesting characters. There was just enough happening to keep me on the edge of my seat without overwhelming me with too many characters or strange plot points. I don't like violence or torture. The few times these issues were brought up, they were touched upon just enough to give me an idea of what happened to the hero in the past without rubbing it in my face. I absolutely loved Layla! She was such an amazing character. She was kind, intelligent, and loving. I also loved Ray. He was such a kind hearted person who was strong, caring, and perfect for Layla. These two were perfect for each other, and it was great watching them fall in love. The remaining cast of characters really helped to round out the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment