Monday, May 30, 2011

Arc review Lady of Seduction by Laurel McKee

Title: Lady Of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin #3)
Author: Laurel McKee
Source: Requested review
Format: Mass paperback
Release date May 31, 2011
Authors website



It's a mad, ill-advised journey that leads the usually sensible Lady Caroline Blacknall to the legendary isle of Muirin Inish, off the windswept coast of Ireland. Even so, she doesn't expect to find herself shipwrecked and then rescued by a man she believed she would never see again. A man who, long ago, held her life in his hands . . . and with it, her heart.
Reformed rake Sir Grant Dunmore knew he could never forget the beautiful woman he once endangered nor will he ever forgive himself. But history seems doomed to repeat itself, for as long as Caroline stays on the island, she is trapped in a secret plot that could forever free Ireland-or turn deadly for all. And yet, now that she is in his arms again, how can he dream of ever letting her go?




Rating-


Sexual-


My first Laurel McKee book and I really enjoyed it. I loved the setting, the storyline was fantastic and so is the writing style of the author. I know I will be going back to read the first two books because I do believe I missed out on some things in the story. You get suspense, danger, secrets, and some smoking hot sex because these to go at it right of the bat. I believe the author done her homework research in writing this book it shows out nicely.

 I recommend anyone to start at book one because like I said I felt like I was missing the connection between these two and I wanted to know what it was really bad. What I disliked most was it read like Grant went to this island to get away from Caroline, but when she arrives he just forgets he shouldn’t be with her and goes at it right off the bat and never stops, although he would mention at times that he needed to leave her. Caroline is quite clanging to Grant and she stays there with no fuss whatsoever. Let’s say it left me scratching my head at times in wonder why there wasn’t more tension between these two. I did like reading both characters Grant has a mystery about him and Caroline is tuff as nails and that’s what Grant likes the most.



No comments:

Post a Comment