Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review Goddess With A Blade by Lauren Dane

Title: Goddness with a Blade
Author: Lauren Dane
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Authors website





Armed with a blessed blade and blood from a goddess, Rowan Summerwaite’s got a divine mission. Embodying a Vampire’s worst nightmare is a big job, but someone’s got to do it.

Freshly returned from a political firestorm that erupted after she’d executed the last Scion, Rowan hopes for a period of peace and quiet with the new replacement.

But before long, human women are being found in and around Las Vegas and it’s clear to her the killer is a Vampire. Clive Stewart rules his Vampires with an iron fist in the wake of a spectacular failure on the part of his predecessor. He doesn’t make the mistake of underestimating The Hunter. He knows she’s a predator just like him so he agrees to help her investigation. Within limits.

But nothing between Clive and Rowan stays within the lines and before long, things are tangled and dangerous both personally and professionally




Rating_

Sexual-

It’s been a while since I hit a book that I didn’t like, I knew it was coming. Goddess with a Blade is pure Urban Fantasy and one I didn’t care for. I got this book off of netgalley under romance (they so need a category for UF) and as most of you know romance is what I love, so I figured since I loved Lauren Dane’s Chase brothers this one would be alright, so not, I should have looked on Lauren website before I requested this one ugh. The majority of the book is written in Rownas POV and the romance is so not there, but you do get a couple of sex scenes. I have to hand it to Lauren she can go from romance to urban fantasy very easy. If you’re a UF reader you’d love I because it has your typical bad lady lead that loves fast cars, and let me tell you she has the mouth action that goes along with the kick butt action. The villain is very dangers and creepy, so this bring me to let you know this is not for the faint of heart. If you’re a romance reader looking for a paranormal love story you may want to wait for some more reviews before going out and buying it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment