Thursday, March 24, 2011

Interview with paranormal romance author S.K. Yule

Please welcome paranormal romance author S.K. Yule!


Laurie-What inspired you to write?

S.K.-My imagination and desire to find a work from home job.


Laurie-Out of all the books you wrote, do you have a few that holds a special place in your heart. How about your heroes and heroines, do you have a favorite among them?

S.K.-Darkest Hours will always hold a special place in my heart since it was my first published novel. While I love the novel and view it as a labor of love and beginning of a career that I hope to have for the rest of my life, I also see it as a reference for how far I've come today. I enjoy comparing it to my writing style now. I have learned so much since then, and I hope to continue learning and improving over the years. I don't believe I will ever reach a point where I will think that I can no longer improve my skills.

As for characters, I think Malachi from Darkest Intentions holds a special place in my heart as he was the first dark character I've written in depth.I had loads of fun writing him.


Laurie-What are some of your favorite author’s and some of your favorite books you’ve read?

S.K.-Sherrilyn Kenyon
Elizabeth Hoyt
Paula Quinn
Angela Knight


Some books I love:  The Dark Hunter Series (Kenyon), and The Highlander Series (Quinn). I love intense stories with strong, stubborn and dominant males that back down from no one (except their women).


Laurie-You write both vampires and shape-shifters, do you have a favorite between the two?

S.K.-I have been fascinated by vampires since I was a little girl. I would sneak up late at night to watch all the horror movies. It was kind of funny because even now I remember I was never quite scared of Dracula as most kids should be. I never had nightmares or got scared. I was always just simply fascinated with the whole concept of vampires. I like to think that they are not the blood thirsty killers that Hollywood portrays, but the tortured predators of the night who long for a woman who can love and accept them for who they are.


Laurie-Do you have a favorite hero and heroine in your Darkest series? If so who?

S.K.-I like Ebony from Darkest Hours because she is a strong woman who overcomes many obstacles to find true love, and I like Malachi from Darkest Intentions because he conquers his tortured past.


Have you thought about writing a full length novel for you werewolf series?

S.K.-I have thought about writing a full length novel for the Lycan series, but at the present time, I have many projects I'm working on, including the next novella in the series called Lycan Heat. So, if time ever allows, I may try to write a full length novel for the series.

The Lycan series is about a dying breed of werewolves whose pack members have started turning rogue. The lycan race is threatened by the rogues as the rogues choose to view potential mates as fair game to all. But potential mates are, in fact, supposed to be protected by all lycans until the life mate to the potential mate is found. The series is about strong males who embrace the old laws to protect and uphold the integrity and survival of the race, and who finally find their life partners.



Laurie-Are you going to write anymore more books with Demons?

S.K.-I actually have a full length novel written that has a Demon hero. It is in need of a good editing, and I'm hoping at some point in the future to get back to it and get it done. I never know what I'm going to write until a particular mood and idea hit me. I never rule any type of character out. That is the joy of writing--no constraints and free flowing creativity.


Laurie-Would you tell us a little of what you’re working on next?

S.K.-Lycan Heat which is the next in the Lycan Series. I also have a historical menage that will be released by Red Sage on August 1, 2011, called Three Lovers For Lucy (I know, it's actually more than a manage). I am also in the process of finishing up another menage (true menage), a cowboy menage, and the next installment of the Darkest series. 

Fun questions

What your favorite color?
Red

Do you have any pets?
Three yorkies, three miniature schnauzers, a rottweiler and two miniature horses.

What's your favorite movie and TV show?
That's a very difficult question. While I cannot think of any particular movie right off hand that I would consider my ultimate, all time favorite, I enjoy a wide range of movies from horror (which of course is my favorite) to drama to historical to romantic comedies. I don't really care for movies with unhappy endings and I don't care for mafia type movies in general.

I would have to say the same for TV shows--I can't single out one in particular. However, a few that I really like are (and you might be very surprised by some of my answers):  The Dukes of Hazzard (brings back fond childhood memories; The Three Stooges; Home Improvement; The Nanny; American Dad; King of The Hill; True Blood; The Tudors (loved, loved, loved); and That 70's Show to name a few.


Do you have a favorite food or place to eat?
Love to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse. My favorite home cooked meal is chicken and dumplings.


Thank you to all of my readers. It brings me great joy to know that I provide an escape (no matter how short) from reality with my writing. I like to think of my novellas and novels as mini vacations for all who read them, and if you are like me, you can always use a mini vacation from every day life.

If you'd like to know more about me, please visit:

www.skyule.com
www.facebook.com/skyule


18 and over eyes only below!!
Now for the steamy stuff. SK have given an excerpt for her Lycan Lust. Enjoy!





ISBN: 978-1-935348-72-6
Genre: Werewolf Erotic Romance
Book Length: Novella
Heat Level: Hot

Available at:  www.amirapress.com



She closed her eyes for a moment. “I can’t do this. I get so confused around you. You make me crazy.”
He inched closer to her. “Why does that have to be a bad thing? You make me crazy, too. The difference is, I like it when you make me crazy.”
She started to speak, but he placed one finger over her lips.
“Kiss me. Please. Just kiss me.”
He thought she’d refuse, but after several minutes of looking back and forth from the stairs that led out of the tub to him, she scooted closer. His breath caught in his throat when she pushed her fingers through his damp hair. His temperature rose to the point that he thought the water in the tub would start boiling at any moment. He dipped his head toward her and claimed her lips before she could change her mind.
She wound her arms around his neck, and he wrapped his around her waist and pulled her tight up against him. Her hot, wet body was pressed up against his. His cock hardened and hurt worse than when he’d awoken from the dream. He growled low in his throat and kissed her with the pent-up passion he’d been denied for years. He leaned back against the wall of the tub, pulling her with him. Her thighs rested across his, and he cupped her ass in his hands, plastering her tightly against him as he ravished her mouth.
“Rindy, I have to have you. You make me burn. I can think of nothing but being inside you.”
“Oh, Brent.” She kissed him and retreated. “I’m scared. I feel so hot and achy. I don’t understand the feelings I’m having. I’ve never had them before.”
He eased his fingers over one smooth thigh, and rested his palm over her mound. “Is this where you ache?”
She bit her bottom lip and nodded. He guided her hand to his cock, and she gasped. “I ache in the same place for you. Let me show you how we can ease the ache together.”
Passion burned in her eyes, but so did doubt and fear.
“I promise I won’t hurt you. Trust me, Rindy. Please, I’m begging you.”
She chewed her bottom lip and frowned. “I don’t understand why you affect me so. We’ve just met, yet I feel as if I’ve known you for a long time.”
“I feel the same way. I swear I will make it good for you.” He kissed her neck, and she wiggled closer to him, tilting her head to give him better access.
“Brent, I feel so strange. When you touch me, it’s as if my skin is heating from the inside out. I feel restless.” She leaned back and moaned as he continued nibbling on her sensitive skin.
“I know.” The taste of her was driving him wild. “But I also know what will make you feel better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment