Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New blood book blogger on the block interview Lori from Romancing the Darkside

 Everyone please welcome my new blood book blog on the block for March. It's Lori from Romancing the Darkside









Laurie-Tell us a little about yourself? 

Lori-Hey everyone and thanks for having me! I'm a  single NYC girl who is currently between jobs and dedicating her spare time to catching up on lost reading time! I'm a compulsive book buyer who definitely would have a seat with my name on it in a Book Addicts Anonymous meeting if there was such a thing. 

Laurie-How long have you been reading? What’s your favorite genre? 

Lori-I've been reading since I was about 5 years old. Reading was always a passion for me and I always had a book or two in my hands.
My favorite genre is paranormal romance, especially vampire paranormal romance...I love vampires!

Laurie-When and why did you start doing book reviews?


Lori-I started writing reviews when I joined Shelfari to share my love or dislike for the books I read with friends and other members. I always find it helpful when someone gives their honest opinion of a book and hope my reviews help others in deciding whether to read a book or not


Laurie-How long have you been reviewing books?
Lori-I've been reviewing books for almost three years.

Laurie-Do you take notes for your reviews while you read?

Lori-I don't usually take notes while I read but I'll bookmark or tag a quote I really like to incorporate in my review.


Laurie-Why did you started a book blog?

Lori-I started a book blog to share my love of books with fellow book lovers and friends. I was reviewing for another site for a little bit but decided to do something on my own and review the books I love to read. I also love meeting other book lovers!


Laurie-How long doest it usually take you to read and write a review for your blog?

Lori-It takes me 1-2 days to read a book if I don't have distractions. A review can take anywhere from an hour to a full day. Sometimes I know exactly what I want to write and there are times that I need a little time to reflect before I start writing.


Laurie-What’s the hardest thing you had to do in setting up your blog?

Lori-The hardest thing in setting up my blog was coming up with its name! Once I had that everything else just fell into place. It's still a work in progress but I'm having fun working on it.


Laurie-What’s the most exciting thing that has happened to you since your started your blog?

Lori-Being asked to do this interview has been the most exciting thing to happen to me since I started my blog! I wasn't expecting this since my blog is really new.  I hope to have author interviews and get to chat with some of my fave authors soon!


Laurie-What’s your favorite thing to do on your blog?

Lori-I love to post the weekly meme's I participate in and I really love to read comments posted, it's great when someone takes their time to write a great comment, it makes the blogging experience worthwhile!


Laurie-Any tips that you have for a new up coming book blogger?

Lori-Have fun and stay true to yourself. Some bloggers read quickly and post a new review every day and some read slower and review one or two a week...never feel the need to compete with others...do things at your own pace!

Laurie-What’s the most books you read in a week?

Lori-The most I read in a week is 3-4 books, I can squeeze in more if they're novellas.
 


Quick questions
 
 Spoilers or no spoilers
No spoilers! 
Author interviews or guest post? 
Author interviews. 
Long reviews or short reviews?
 Short reviews...I want people to read the book for themselves! 
Kindle or Sony -reader?
 Neither...I'm a Nook girl. 
Paperback or PDF?
 Paperback.

Fell free to check Lori's blog out and follow, I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment