Thursday, March 17, 2011

Meet Sheila Goss

Sheila Goss Bio: 

Shelia M. Goss is the Dallas Morning News and Essence Magazine Best-Selling author of Savannah's Curse, Delilah, My Invisible Husband, Roses are Thorns, Paige’s Web, Double Platinum, His Invisible Wife, Hollywood Deception, and the teen series The Lip Gloss Chronicles. Delilah is her tenth novel and first Christian fiction novel. 


Book Description:

Straight-laced Savannah Blake’s world is turned upside down when she finds her dad, Major Blake, shot on his lawn. Before he dies, he gives her a few clues to the identity of his killer. His dying request is “Protect your sisters.” Montana and Asia are the only family Savannah has left, and she will fight to the end to save them. The pain of losing their father has Savannah obsessed with finding his killer.

Savannah suspects someone from “The Agency,” a secret government security operation where her father once worked, is behind his death. She enlists the help of Troy Bridges, the owner of a private security firm in Dallas. She doesn’t necessarily trust him, but Savannah needs Troy because of his inside knowledge of The Agency.

The chemistry between Savannah and Troy is electric, and only intensifies as the stakes get higher. They have no time to deal with their unresolved feelings, though, because the closer they get to the killer, the more dangerous things become.

Savannah’s Curse will take you on a roller-coaster ride of suspense as Savannah channels her grief into an unrelenting search for her father’s murderer.

Welcome Shelia Goss to Romance Author Buzz. Is there a back story to Savannah's Curse?

Yes. Savannah, Asia and Montana are three sisters who were raised by their father. When he's found murdered, the sisters are devastated. Savannah's the oldest so she takes on the lead role and encourages her sisters to be relentless on finding his killer.  

How long have you been writing and what was your call story?

I've been writing since I was nine years old but didn't start writing professionally until years later. I've always wanted to be an author and was originally going to wait until I retired. When my dad died and Princess Di died, I realized that life was too short and decided to pursue it then and not wait.

When did you first know that you wanted to be a writer? Have you had other jobs along the way?

I've always known I wanted to be a writer in some aspect. I wanted to be a songwriter and an author. I never gave up either one of those dreams. Yes, I've worked for Fortune 500 companies in the past.

Do you plot your stories or let your characters lead you?

A combination of both. I know what my story will be about before I sit down to write it; however while writing the story, I allow the characters to give me their stories and I relate it to the readers.

Of all of your characters, do you have a favorite you identify with and why?

All of my main characters are my favorite during the time that I'm writing their story. I will speak about Savannah of Savannah's Curse since its the current novel I'm promoting. I like her character because although the odds are against her, she doesn't give up on finding out her father's killer. She does whatever it takes to get to the bottom of things.

What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on book #2 in my "Bad Women of the Bible" series. People who have read the first book in the series, Delilah, will be happy to know that since the ending of Delilah had a few readers emailing me :)

What is the best thing about your job as an author? What is the hardest thing?

The best thing about being an author is I get to create a new world every time I write a new book. I get to meet new people when I'm out promoting my books.

The hardest part about being an author is getting the word out about my book on a limited budget.

If Oprah invited you onto her show to talk about your book, what would the theme of the show be?

Family Ties
 
Describe a day in the life of Shelia Goss.

My average day starts at 7. I check and respond to email, Facebook, Twitter on occasion. If I'm working on a novel, I write for at least hours and the cycle continues the next day.

What is something you definitely want readers to know about you?

My characters are fictional characters. Any resemblance to anyone they know is purely coincidental :) 
 
When the time comes for you to retire from writing, what would you like your readers to remember the most about you and your writing?

I hope to never retire. LOL But when I do have to retire, I hope readers remember that I told a good story that not only entertained them but left them with a life lesson.

Who is your favorite author?

I have so many favorite authors so I'll only name a few: Kimberla Lawson Roby, ReShonda Tate Billingsley, Victor McGlothin, Carl Weber, Vincent Alexandria, Michelle McGriff, Rhonda McKnight, Pat G'orge Walker, Lutishia Lovely and the list goes on and on.

What are you currently reading?

Piano in the Dark by Eric Pete.

 
Before I let you go is there anything I forgot to ask that you want the readers and fans to know?

I love writing in different genres. I'm grateful that readers are open to me doing so.

 
Shelia Goss thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me!

Thank you for the interview and presenting me to your readers.
Sheila'sWebsite:



Sheila will give away a copy of one her older books. Hollywood Deception. Leave a comment on this blog post. Answering the following question: What makes a good heroine to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment