Monday, October 17, 2011

Review Surrounded by Pleasure by Mandy Harbin

Title: Surrounded by Pleasure 
Source: Author request
Genre: Paranormal romance- shifter
Length: Novella



Krista Owens is an attorney who works too much and plays too little. When her colleague, Mikaela, requests her assistance for a month on the Woods estate, hinting that her brothers-in-law are all hot with commitment phobias, Krista agrees to tell the guys she has a boyfriend, hoping to finally lose her virginity.

Toby Woods doesn’t want anything to do with Krista, but watching his brothers fight over her ignites his feral side. He wants her, and he’ll stop at nothing to have her.

He knows it’s temporary, but will he be able to let her go when it’s time?



Rating: 3 1/2 




There was a lot that I liked about this book but I also had a few issues. Overall it’s a good quick novella read and it’s one if you want to know what’s happening in the next book, you can’t miss it.

I like the how the author keeps the whole Woods family voices in the book. I also enjoyed the mating scene. My issues was the romance between these two felt a bit more rushed than the first book. Plus these two spend their time having sex. So I felt I missed their connection. I also didn’t care for the sex scene where Krista lost her virginity, it read more like she has sex all of her life instead of the first time. But yet she was in a hurry to get rid of her problem LOL.

I really liked the cliffhanger ending it makes you want the next book right then. I hope in the next book we will get how these guys became shifters and I hope Krista’s sister gives the dad a run for his money. She already seems to be one out for herself. It would be great to be able to get more into the minds of the brothers and get more detail about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment