Friday, September 24, 2010

"Just One Taste" Review


"Just One Taste"
by Louisa Edwards

Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Release Date: Aug 31, 2010

Source: ARC sent by publicist in exchange for honest review


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

My Review:

Wes is an ex-con man looking to make a new start in the culinary profession. Scientist Rosemary has just started a new job as Wes' substitute culinary professor. Circumstances collide and they end up collaborating on a project researching aphrodisiacs. Will two polar opposites attract in the kitchen?

The character of Rosemary was so funny and so well drawn by the author. If you're a fan of Sheldon from the show "Big Bang Theory" or Bones from the show "Bones," you will love Rosemary! She's so literal in everything. While she's a genius and was a child prodigy, she's severely lacking in social skills.

I loved the secondary romance between bad boy Frankie and sweet, loveable Jess. Jess was much more appealing to me because I love a sweet guy over a bad boy any day! But as a couple, they clicked. I liked that Frankie was so jealous over Jess' friendship with Wes. It was unique and refreshing to see a gay romantic storyline as the secondary romance.

The book does talk about food and restaurants but not to the point that it alienates non foodies like me.


Main Characters: 5/5 (Rosemary)
Supporting Characters: 5/5

Setting: 3/5

Romance: 3/5

Uniqueness: 4/5
Cover: 3/5 (I'm not really drawn in)
Writing: 4/5



Bottom Line:
This book was definitely an escape, I wouldn't go into it expecting realism. But as a fun romantic comedy with a great heroine, it really succeeds.


click here for a guest post by the author and a contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment