Thursday, December 3, 2009

"What Happens in London"

Mini Review:
My mini reviews are short, sweet reviews just long enough to give you an idea of what I thought about a book, they usually don't include a summary like my regular reviews. Take a minute or two and enjoy!


"What Happens in London"

by Julia Quinn

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars


"What Happens in London" has so many rave reviews, that maybe my expectations were a little too high. I do think Julia Quinn's writing style is excellent, so much thought goes into every single page. The main characters' witty banter and snappy inner dialogue were so much fun to read. I absolutely loved the supporting character, Sebastian! He was just too much fun to read about, especially his love for the silly "Ms. Butterworth" novel. He was such a vivid character who just jumped off the page for me. However, I was less than thrilled about the actual romance in this book. I just felt no connection between Harry and Olivia, and when they started to fall in love, I thought it came across as forced and cheesy. I know, I know, I'm in the minority in thinking this, but I really did think the book was funny and witty, just not very romantic. I can't wait for Sebatian to get his own book!

No comments:

Post a Comment