Monday, December 7, 2009

Introducing Rachel Bailey - Silhouette Desire Author


I'm so excited, a new Silhouette Desire author with her book debut in January 2010.

From her website:

I live with my own personal hero and four dogs on the east coast of Australia. Our house is on my dream property – 10 acres of native trees on the side of a hill, within driving distance to the beach.

At school, I wasn’t particularly interested in writing or English. Science was my favourite subject and I took chemistry, physics and biology. My mother still teases me that I’d take my science textbooks away on holidays with us.

After school, I enrolled in a science degree (of course) but impulsively changed to an arts degree on the first day. I double majored in psychology and went on to do a second degree, this time in social work.

I loved practicing social work, but now have the perfect job – I spend my days in the peace and quiet of my trees, surrounded by my dogs, making up stories for a living.

Reading

As a teenager, I was a voracious reader of science fiction, until one day when I was 16, I saw Pride and Prejudice on television. The old version with Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson. I adored it. I’d seen it in the TV guide and, since I had a crush on Laurence Olivier after seeing him in Henry IV, I’d taped it.

I watched that tape so often I can still recite most of the dialogue by heart. I sought out the book, devoured it, then found every other Jane Austen book and read and reread them frequently. I only discovered romance as a genre about four years ago. Imagine my delight when I first read modern versions of Jane Austen! 
Now I read most subgenres of romance, from category to historical to romantic comedy. Such a banquet!




Book Description:

Tycoon Damon Blakely had one year to produce a legitimate heir. Luckily he had a bride candidate in mind. Lily Grayson had been the perfect mistress…until she’d left him. And when he proposed his plan, Damon learned why. Lily was already expecting his baby.


The millionaire’s shock and anger was quickly trounced by Lily’s counteroffer. She would give their child his name…but theirs would be a paper marriage. Lily claimed Damon had no room in his heart for anything beyond business. The terms of his proposal left him little room to argue…until he could get Lily back into his bed.

I had a ball writing Lily and Damon’s story – getting to know them and their lives. And now I’m looking forward to sharing them with readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment