Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New blood book blogger on the block

I wanted to start something new to help upcoming blogs that are followers. I know how bad it is to get followers. So I hoping this will help a few fellow bloggers during the year to get stated. I am calling this New Blood book blogger on the block. If you would like to participate keep reading you'll find out how LOL....


I recently had a lady Lydia (code name lonewolf) commenting on my blog. She made a book blog for herself, now named Paranromal Reads . As she kept commenting I starting to follow her blog. She email me one day for some help with her blog, I love to help when I can. Well little did I know how much my blog influenced her until I asked her to do this new ideal I have to be the New Blood on the Block.

I want to welcome Lydia, she will be stopping by later today, so if you want to ask her a question feel free to.

Laurie-Hello Lydia. Thanks so much for coming on my blog today. Now would you tell us a little about yourself?
Lydia-Thanks for having me Laurie. Okay, a little about me. I'm an inspiring writer, I've worked on some of my own stories, but I haven't been published yet. Don't worry, I haven't given up hope. When I'm not writing, or doing homework, I'm reading like crazy. The funny thing is that I used to hate English. The thought of it made me gag. *smiles* I think my English teacher from middle school would be surprised to find out that I'm a book lover now.

Laurie-Would you tell us about your blog?

Lydia-Sure. My blog is about paranormal books. They don't have to be romance (though i do love me some romance) but they have to be paranormal; vampires, werewolves, witches and wizards, dragons, ghosts, zombies. Well, I haven't read a story about zombies yet, but there's always time. Anyway, I read books and give my review on them - most of the time the books turn out good - and I'll either recommend it or not. I also have a little thing I call Delicious Photo of the Week on the side that I'll change every Friday. It's just a little eye candy for the blog. You always need eye candy. *grins*

Laurie-How long have you been blogging?

Lydia-Um, since June 2010.

Laurie-Why did you start your book blog?

Lydia-You. I read an interview you did on Kate Douglas and fell in love with your blog, so I made my account to follow you. I'll be honest that at first I was in for the giveaways you were doing that week (which I won one), but then I read your reviews and loved it more. Then I saw your Humorous Paranormal Challenge and wanted to do it, since I was really into reading, and wanted to do what you were doing. I wanted to read the books, review them, and let people in on what the books were like. At first it was only for the challenge, but I liked doing it and wanted to continue doing it after the challenge, so I did.

Laurie-What’s been the hardest thing to do in starting your blog?

Lydia-The design. Oh my God was that a lot of work, and it wasn't even that good in the beginning, but it was a start I guess. Once I got some pointers from a certain someone - Laurie - I got my blog in order and now I love it.

Laurie-What one advice would you give to an upcoming book blogger?

Lydia-Be patient. Your blog isn't going to come together overnight and you're not going to get the number of followers you want overnight either. You're definitely going to want to follow and look at other book blogs to get an idea on how to do it. Sorry, I guess that was two pieces of advice. Most importantly, be patient.

Laurie-What are some of your favorite books?

Lydia-Oh come on Laurie. That's not fair. That's not a fair question. I don't want to leave any out, but I'll answer as best I can. Let's see . . . there's Blink Of An Eye by Ted Dekker, Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie, Anna Stuart, Lani Diane Rich, Indigo by Graham Joyce,The Nightwalker series by Jacquelyn Frank, Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, Ghost Hunter series by Victoria Laurie, and the Detective Kara Gillian series by Diana Rowland.

Laurie-What are some of your favorite authors?

Lydia-Another unfair question, Laurie. But I'll answer as best as I can again. There are a lot so some are; Jacquelyn Frank, Patricia Briggs, Diana Rowland, Kathy Love, JR Ward, Linda Howard, Ted Dekker, Lori Foster, Victoria Laurie, and more but I won't go on.


Laurie-Is there a special genre you like best to read?

Lydia-Of course, paranormal. There's also urban fantasy and . . . BDSM erotica. There's something about BDSM that appeals to me. I think its with how a submissive can have total trust in their Dom that they completely let go and let their Dom push them to a pleasure they've never known. The first one I ever read was Skin Deep by Anna J. Evans and it was hot.

If you enjoyed this interview stop by Paranormal Reads and follow if you leave a comment on the post she made she will be glad to follow back she is like me always looking for new books to read!

Would you like to participate in the New blood on the block?
Here is the rules
1.follow my blog
2.Comment as much as you can and don't go over board LOL..
3.You can email me and let me know you would like to participate, but I will be on the look out for new bloggers that comments.
Last you have to have under 75 followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment