Friday, December 31, 2010

Readers Choice Award! (Results)

Well, Happy New Year!
(what? It's not time yet? Shoot!)
Okay, so according to like everyone on the planet, it won't be 2011 for a few more hours yet, but as we say goodbye to 2010, let's celebrate and acknowledge all the wonderful books that made their way into out shelves (and our hearts) this past year! Some of you may have checked out the post I did on my favorite reads from 2010, but try as I might, I couldn't read all the books all the time.
I picked some of the highest rates, most raved about reads this year, put them in a poll, and had you (The Readers) vote on the one you thought was the best. I was so thrilled to see all the results come in and should really take the time to point out that while there can only be one winning book, all the nominees were voted on and spoken of highly.
But what's life with out a top dog? Without further adieu, time to give you guys the results!

The race was tight, but with 32% of the overall votes, The Readers Choice Award for Best Book in 2010 (historical) goes to:
'Nine Rules To Break When Romancing A Rake'
by Sarah MacLean
-My Thoughts: Sadly, this was one of the books I didn't get a chance to read in 2010. It's been order, and is (slowly) on its way to my house, but won't get here until the new year. From all the reviews and ratings, this was one of the most beloved books to come out in 10' and I can't wait to read and agree!

On the online ballot, there was a section for Additional Comments. Here's what one voter had to say about "Nine Rules..":
"This was a hard poll. There were three books on this list that I adored. I felt like I was betraying one author by picking another. LOL! I finally choice Nine Rules to Break because it had the most humor in it and thats a must for me in romance. It kept me up laughing half the night!"
-Congrats on the win Miss MacLean!

Coming in 2nd place, with 31% of the votes is:
'Awakened By A Kiss'
by Lila DiPasqua
-My Thoughts: Excellent choice! There's a reason that it received the second highest amount of votes! This was a great read! In my review I said: "What it boils down to is this: Miss DiPasqua is probably one of the most promising debut authors to hit the scene so far in 2010. Her short stories were well-written, well-paced and flavored with an insane amount of heat and spice." And DiPasqua sure proved me right when her second set of Fiery Tales hit the shelves and stole my heart! This is an author to look-out for!

This is what a voter had to say in the additional comments section about "Awakened...":

"So happy to see more in the Fiery Tales Collection...just love to read DiPasqua's take on these fairy tales...keep it up!!"
-Way to go, Lila. Like the voters said, PLEASE keep em coming!!

And coming in third with 10% of the votes is:
'Love In The Afternoon'
by Lisa Kleypas
My Thoughts: Well Done! This was another favorite from 2010 for me! It's Kleypas, what more needs saying? This book was funny, delightful, and deep. Just hows I likes them! ;)


What the voters had to say?:
-All the best, Lisa! We'll miss you in 2011, but hopefully you'll brighten the next new year with more reads!
--
As I said above, every book in the poll got some votes and had some wonderful comments. One in particular, 'The Truth About Lord Stoneville' by Sabrina Jeffries, received lots of praise in the comments.

One voter who voted for 'The Truth..' said:
"i love love love hallstead hellions!!! i've also read jarret's story A Hellion in her bed and eagerly anticipating minerva and gile's story How to woo a reluctant lady (out in Jan 2011) what a great way to start the new year!!!"
It was a smashing book, indeed!

Now, it's time for some Honorable Mentions! On the ballot, there was a write-in section where voters had the opportunity to bring to my attention books that they believed should have made the nominee cut. Here are some books that received multiple write-in votes:

 --
Thanks again everyone for Voting and helping to pick some amazing books to spotlight. 2010 was a spectacular year, and it was wonderful to share it with all of you. I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!

Happy New Year!!!

Until Next Post Year<3....

"I am never disappointment  in Lisa`s books.
I can buy one without even reading what it is about, I know it will be good."

No comments:

Post a Comment