Saturday, December 25, 2010

Review When A Mullo Loves A Woman by JoAnne Kenrick

Title:When A Mullo Loves A Woman Pearl Kizzy #1
Author: JoAnne Kenrick
Source: Requested review
Format: eBook
Authors website


She thought the mullo was just a myth…she was dead wrong.

Adam Flint's Gypsy visions always guide him to those who need his paranormal gifts. He gets more than he bargained for in Pearl Kizzy, a beautiful spitfire from Liverpool. Adam knows that to save Pearl, he must help her accept her own Gypsy heritage.

Although Adam and Pearl fight their burning attraction for one another, a night of passion sparks memories of their treacherous former lives. Unable to face the loss of Pearl in this century, Adam scrambles for distance from the love of his life. A rejected Pearl falls into the arms of a Mullo--a gypsy vampire--who lays claim to her heart--and her life.

To survive, Adam and Pearl must accept their tragic past, and find a way to kill the undead.


My review
Rating-
Sexual-

When A Mullo Loves a Woman is a story told by Pearl POV that focus’s on her life and what she really is. You see Pearl is a gypsy and she has no clue, until she goes to England and then she finds that her family has held lots of secrets from her. Now she has to deal with all kinds of supernatural things along with family issues that she knows nothing about.

This is not a book that focus on a romance between Pearl and who she is to be with, as in most romance books. There is a small romance after pg 155 and it is a reincarnation romance between her and Adam. I had to get past 70 pgs before I even found myself even wanting to try to finish the book. I did enjoy reading Pearl and her friends trying to fit the pieces together. I also enjoyed how the author ties everything at the end, so be prepared if you don’t finish this book you’ll never figure out how everything fits together.

Now if you’re a romance reader that loves to read the hero and heroin getting together (and I don’t mean sex) by the first few chapters, then you may want to check out more reviews before trying this book because as stated above this book is not like that. I like my romance books like that and I have to say I had a hard time finishing this book. If your one that likes to read about a lot of different supernatural things and can careless about romance then please give this book a try.


The reason the rating is so low. I didn't fell the focus on romance that I like in romance books and it just felt to much like a YA read with one small sex scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment