Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Perfect Pitch Contest! - Donna Alward




Harlequin author Donna Alward is holding a pitch contest for unpublished authors at eharlequin this week. Five winning pitches will be chosen and invited to send a first chapter, and one winner will get Donna as a critique partner and
mentor for the rest of the year.


All the details can be found at eharlequin:

This year I'm holding another Perfect Pitch contest and I'm doing it right here on eharlequin!

If you are unpublished, you have all this week to put together a pitch and send it to me at donna@donnaalward.com . I will pick five winning pitches and those authors will send me a first chapter. I'll pick a winning chapter and the winner gets me as a critique partner and mentor for the rest of the year.

The whole idea is for you to exercise your pitching muscles on me, and then have me nag at you for months to whip your work into shape and get it in front of an editor. :-) I had a blast working with last year's winner.

And if you are hesitant about the whole pitching thing, check out last week's workshop by Winnie Griggs. She'll show you step by step how to craft a winning pitch.

The rest of the deets are on my pitch thread, which is where you can ask any questions you might have. And I'll also be posting the winning pitches there.

Good luck!

Donna
ONE DANCE WITH THE COWBOY, Romance, January 2010
HER LONE COWBOY, Romance, March 2010
Donna's website:

No comments:

Post a Comment