Friday, January 15, 2010

Review: Shades of Midnight by Lara Adrian


Shades of Midnight (Book seven in Midnight Breeds)
Author: Lara Adrian
I have the Hard back in this one 383 pages


Book Summary:
Something inhuman is stalking the frigid Alaskan wilds, leaving unspeakable carnage in its wake. For bush pilot Alexandra Maguire, the killings stir memories of a horrific event she witnessed as a child and evoke in her the inexplicable sense of otherness she has long felt within herself but never fully understood . . . until a darkly seductive stranger with secrets of his own enters her world.

Sent from Boston on a mission to investigate the savage attacks and stop the slaughter, vampire warrior Kade has his own reasons for returning to the frigid, forbidding place of his birth. Haunted by a secret shame, Kade soon realizes the stunning truth of the threat he faces–a threat that will jeopardize the fragile bond he has formed with the courageous, determined young woman who arouses his deepest passions and most primal hungers. But in bringing Alex into his world of blood and darkness, Kade must confront both his own personal demons and the even greater evil that could destroy all he holds dear.


Laurie's review
Rating-
Sexual-


Laurie's review
These are things I loved/liked: I loved the story line, Kade he was awesome, loved his ability wouldn’t mind having that one myself, liked the sad prelude although it was hideous it make you want to read more, absolutely loved the Alaskan setting and all the snow and I liked how Jenna was left with no closure, it gives a little peak of something bigger coming.

Things I didn’t like: The biggest one is Alex she just didn’t seem believable one bit, I mean just rollover and cave in, get real and her ability it stinks nothing special like the other ladies!!! I did miss the rest of the breeds and their mates working together, I understand this was a whole differnent setting but I still missed it.

In all this book you will find an exciting and thrilling ride that keeps you wanting to know more about Kade and his brother/family, I think this is the first time I have been able to know a breeds life in dental it was really good..

No comments:

Post a Comment