Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rekindling an Old Flame


I was out shooting again for most of the day today, but first I wanted to say--

I saw Nicholas Cage this morning! He was filming a scene right outside my window this morning. He looked stressed, even though I smiled at him-- and construction workers have been telling me all day since then how happy my smile makes them, so I don't know what his problem is. ;)

Guess you can't please everyone.

We didn't see a whole ton of progress in some places, but I have to admit I'm extremely impressed with Brad Pitt's Make it Right Project. The houses are quality construction, not to mention energy efficient and the best part is each design is unique. No cookie-cutter shotguns like out in the Musician's Village. Some of the houses even had rooftop gardens. Awesome. Almost makes you want to move to the Nint' Ward, huh?

The picture above is from one of my favorites. See the bridge in the background? That's how close these houses are to the Industrial Canal. I think that's one of the houses designed to float if there's major flooding in that area again. Pretty cool. Well, I better get back to work. Lots of photos to process!

No comments:

Post a Comment