Saturday, June 11, 2011

Best wishes to my now 18 year old daughter and high school graduate

Wow! I can’t believe how time flies. It seems like yesterday when my daughter and I started a homeschool journey, now after 12 years it has come to end, a sad end for me I am sure not her. Yep, my now today's18 year old is also a high school graduate.

Jessica has always been one that is very careful. She has never liked riding roller-coaster or sliding down the slide, but she does love to read, paint and play video games. Yep, we still have our favorite games that we still play today. I have seen cry her eyes out when she would see an abused animal on the internet and I have seen her try to somehow help in making it better. She has brought into the home things like eating lower fat foods, recycling and not buying any animal tested products. Believe me don’t throw a plastic bottle in the trash here without being yelled at LOL.  She may not ride a roller coaster, but she will fight for the rights for those who can’t.

 I have been one of the lucky moms that have been able to watch her daughter grow up to be the woman she is today. I have gotten to see her face light up when something clicked in her head that she couldn’t grasp and I have been able to watch her get mad when she could never get something right. I have seen her whip out math that I couldn’t grasp. Yes, I have been very fortunate to have a daughter such as mine that has helped me along with helping herself into life.

Jessica, these memories will always be planted in my mind and I will always cherish our time together. I wish you the very best in whatever life throws at you.


No comments:

Post a Comment