Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fashion Files - Always a Bridesmaid!


One of my very best friends in the whole world is getting married in November and has asked me to be her Maid of Honor! The plans are underway, and the bridesmaid dresses must be picked out! Now, some may go to their local bridal store or to David's Bridal for that special bridesmaid dress, but I have gone straight to the romance comics for inspiration!

Perhaps pink?

This dress style from the cover of
Heart Throbs
#142 (June 1972) sure accentuates the bust-line!

The story, "Doctor, Tell Me Why!" demonstrates that floppy hats were a very fashionable addition to any bridesmaid's ensemble
in the 1970s -- so why not today?
Heart Throbs #142 (June 1972)

Sorry to break it to you, "Dearly Beloved" --
but that's because she was the same as all the others!
Girls' Love Stories #171 (July 1972)

The bow detail is really nice on this one from "Never a Bride to Be"
Falling in Love #117 (August 1970)

Though this is a lovely number by Kurt Schaffenberger in
"The Wrong Bride," it seems to have made the bridesmaid rather grumpy. I think I'll skip out on this one!
Young Love #101 (November 1972)

Hmmm, well pink is nice, but I just don't know if it is me --
What about orange?

Not bad!
"One Love Too Many"
Falling in Love #107 (May 1969)

This dress from "The Lie" is pretty, but a tad matronly.
Young Romance
#172 (June/July 1971)

Naw, not orange either. How about green?

A bridesmaid with my name, wearing green? It must be a sign!
"Please, Please, Someone, Love Me!"
Young Romance #166 (June/July 1970)

Green it is, my friends.
Luckily, I think that is what the bride had in mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment