Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Fragments" Marilyn Monroe's Writings Released this Fall



Exciting book news today! Never before seen personal writings and correspondence from Marilyn Monroe will be released as a book this fall by publisher Farrar, Straus and Giroux. The book will be titled "Fragments" and will contain various writings from Marilyn herself from 1943 to her death in 1962. Expect diary entries, letters, and thoughts jotted down on paper.

This is really exciting to me because I think Marilyn was such a complex person, and she was so different than the image she worked so hard to portray. A part of me thinks that its an invasion of privacy-did she really want her personal writings released? But the part of me that is a fan really wants to know more about her life so I can understand her better.

Please see the following links for more details on the story:


No comments:

Post a Comment