Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Review The Vampire and the Virgin by Kerrelyn Sparks

The Vampire and the Virgin
Author Kerrelyn Sparks
Paranormal Romance- vampire

Author website


Book Description
Olivia’s packing list:

1. Sunscreen
2. Bathing suit
3. Flip-flops

FBI psychologist Olivia Sotiris is looking for a cool ocean breeze, sand between her toes, and a break from her crazy, and sometimes dangerous, life. But when she escapes to the Greek island of Patmos, all she gets is a meddling grandmother trying to marry her off. None of the men there interest her—except a mysterious Scotsman named Robby MacKay.

Robby’s packing list:

1. Synthetic blood
2. More synthetic blood
3. Jogging clothes (even a Vamp has to stay in shape!)

Robby needs to cool off, too, since all he can think about is revenge on the Malcontent bloodsuckers who once held him captive. But then he meets Olivia, the beauty with wild curls and a tempting smile. When a deadly criminal from one of her cases back home tracks her down, Robby will have to save her life, along with giving her a first time she’ll never forget
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurie's review
Rating 3/5
Sexual Medium heat
I have mixed felling for this one I really liked at times then again I just liked it. I have read every book in this series and really liked them all, this one it was just there for me, I never found that bait to hook me in to where I didn’t want to put the books down. This book like the rest in the series has a ton of humor, romance, and excitement.. Again you will find a few other characters form the previous books popping in and out, that’s always fun to read.

Spoilers
I found Olivia annoying, she has a gift to be able to tell if someone is lying or not, so when she finds she can’t read Robbie, she just can’t seem to put trust in him for there relationship to move along. In other words she loves him one min. the next she thinks he is behind everything, so she can’t trust him, like I say annoying. Together I just didn’t feel the romance like I would have liked, it was the whole fall in love quick then the on again and off again, then I felt they just rushed together when he announced he was a vampire, you just can’t not trust someone then all the sudden say hay, I love you after you find out he is a good vampire. I myself need more growth between two characters. Olivia’s grandma is great, you have to love a grandma that tries to fix you up with a man who owns a goat farm. You get a good look at Carlos the panther he makes his appearance in here is a good one.

I did like the storyline, Olivia is a FBI Psychologists. She has to help put away a dangerous criminal, by telling if he was lying and having him spill his guts, in the mean time while she is doing this the criminal falls in love with her and after the sessions, he dose things to keep remind her he is watching her. This is very interesting. Sorry I’ m so vague in this paragraph, I don’t want to give out much.

Carlos the panther's books is next, I cant wait for this one…..

No comments:

Post a Comment