Monday, October 18, 2010

Interview with paranormal romance author Juliana Stone

  Please welcome paranormal romance author Juliana Stone.                          

 Laurie-Hello Juliana, thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview. I just love your Jaguar warriors! Would you please tell those who don’t know about them a little about your wonderful Jaguar Warriors?


Juliana-My world is full of otherworld creatures but the story arc featured in my books involve 3 brothers, 2 of whom are jaguar warriors.  The third, the oldest is a jaguar shifter.  They are all fierce, alpha males who love passionately and will defend to the end that which belongs to them, or the ideals that they believe in.  

Laurie-What made you write about Jagguar shape-shifters?

Juliana-When I sat down to write the first book I envisioned a scene where the hero is about to kill his ex lover.  I knew he’d be a dark character and a sleek black jaguar came to mind.  I do love vampires, wolves and sorcerers, so they’ve all managed to find their way into my books!  

Laurie-Do you know how many you’ll write in this series and who is your next warrior?

Juliana-This second book, His Darkest Embrace, is Jagger’s story, the third, His Darkest Salvation is Julians.  The third book ties up the first story arc and set’s up the next story arc that begins with my sorcerer Declan.  Nico, who is a jaguar warrior and is introduced in this second book, is in Declan’s as well.  The ideas are branching out but I will continue to write with a varied pallette bu the shifters will always be in there!

 
 

Laurie-I love the romance added with the Aztec myth that you throw in your books. Would you please tell us a little about the Aztec myth?What made you write about Jaguar Shape-Shifters?

Juliana-The Aztec’s worshipped the jaguars and eagles.  Their fiercest fighters emulated both animals.  They would wear the pelt of a jaguar or the feathers of an eagle.  They were called jaguar warriors and eagle knights.  My heroine in the second book, Skye, is an eagle knight.  The jaguars were linked to the underworld, the darkness and the eagles with the sun.

Laurie-What is the hardest thing you have crossed in writing one of your Jaguar Warriors?

Juliana-I like to write intense, sometimes chaotic battle scenes, or scenes that move fast.  My biggest struggle is slowing down, having more dialogue and letting the characters get to know each other instead of always kicking ass!

Laurie-Do you have a Jaguar that is your favorite or maybe personal to you?

Juliana-I love all my dudes, but if I had to pick a favourite I’d say Julian.  He wasn’t born with the warrior tattoos, so he’s just a regular jag shifter.  He’s always been conflicted and ignored the wild side of his personality.  But when he’s out in the jungle, he can no longer deny what he is and it makes for some intense scenes.

Laurie-How do you come up with the right heroine for the warriors? Is there a process or do they just come while your writing?

Juliana-I’m a total pantser. I don’t plot at all so they really just come to me. I usually have an ideal of who ends up wit who, but Generally just write and go with it.


Laurie-I see you have another series that’s Sci/Fi and time travel, would you tell us a little about that series?

Juliana-I write a series of shorts for Samhain Publishing.  They center around a family of women, sisters who have the ability to time shift.  They are guardians so to speak, keeping others who would shift for dark purposes, to alter events or monetary gain.  In this story arc their enemy, The New Order, have found out who their predestined mates are.  They’re trying to murder these men before the women meet them…thinking this way the Black Opals will never procreate.   So they’re desperately trying to stop them, while saving these men they’re meant to love!

Laurie-Can you tell us a little on what your working on now for us to read next?

Juliana-I just handed in Wicked Road to Hell, which is Declan’s book and am working on ideas for the fifth book.  The series is linked but different so there are different characters.  I’m not sure who will be the hero for my fifth book!  But there are the usual suspects, jag shifters, demons, angelic beings, sorcerers, and vampires!


Fun questions
Laurie-Do you have a favorite restaurant?
Juliana-I’ll eat anywhere that serves great Mexican or Tai food!

What is your favorite color?
Juliana-Green.

Laurie-Do you have any pets? If so what?
Juliana-I have a beautiful golden retriever named Shelby.  She is the sweetest most gentle soul ever!  We tried fish but they kept dying.

Laurie-Do you have a favorite TV show you just can’t miss?
Juliana-A few: Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Criminal Minds





Check out the video for His Darkest Embrace





Juliana Stone Website
Thanks Juliana!!
Juliana is one of my favorite paranormal romance authors, please check out her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment