Thursday, October 28, 2010

Review Merryweather Lodge by Pauline Holyoak

Merryweather Lodge
Author Pauline Holyoak
Suspense /Thriller
eBook 346 pgs or paperback
Authors website



Emily couldn’t wait to visit her Aunt and Uncle in their quaint and mysterious little cottage near Stonehenge. But it doesn’t take her long to realize that her fairytale kingdom has a sinister twist. One night in her attic bedroom she is confronted by an evil entity that would taunt her for the rest of her stay and long after that. Who is this hideous creature and what does she want? When Emily meets the gorgeous Jonathan McArthur she is infatuated, consumed with lust and an odd familiarity, as if they had met before. Will he be coaxed by the peculiar old gypsy to enter the dreaded woodlot? Can the bloody ancient curse be removed before it’s too late? And will Emily ever get to feel his lips on hers? A chilling tale of love, passion, sorcery and sacrifice; laced with mystery and tied with humor. Inspired by the author’s own experiences in a remote little cottage near Stonehenge.


My Review
Rating-
Sexual-


Spine-tingling, touching and pure captivating! I would love to see this in a movie. This is an excellent bone chilling thriller one that as I read I felt like I could be right there because the detail is so well written, lets just say don’t read this without a lot of light, I had goose bumps as I read. You’ll find a touch or horror, paranormal, suspense and mystery and I highly recommend this to anyone that reads any of them listed. You will also find. There are witches, ghost, a curse, reincarnation and revenge.

This is a romance story and there is some little flirty comments between Emily and Jonathan, but there is no real sex scene between them, there is mention of sex in dreams and past lives. Don’t let that discourage you from getting this book because their romance will grow in up coming books. I am one I need at least a few pages of a h/h going at it, but I didn’t miss it in this story, it was just to thrilling.

The author gives you plenty about this book on her website. Please check it out. So this is what I will tell you. When Emily first goes to England at the age of fourteen she finds herself in her aunt and uncles house in the attic with ghosts and the more she digs to find out who they are the more she finds people there just don’t want to talk about it. So Emily finds different ways to find out who the ghost are. Jonathan helps out some. You know how it goes someone tells you to stay out of the woods and guess what Emily does the opposite she goes in there to finds out more, so you know that didn’t go to well. Its when Emily comes back a few years later at the age of twenty that she finds out a whole lot more of what is going on and she also finds the one responsible for this sinister twisted ghostly tale is out for revenge and its Emily she is after.

I loved the characters the way the books flows its very easy to understand. I will add this book is part of a trilogy, so when it ends you know there is more to come. I cant wait to read the second book.


This book gets Top Bite Award. I have suggest this book to all of my friends at goodreads and I suggest it to any follower of the blog that would love an excellent thriller.




No comments:

Post a Comment