Friday, July 15, 2011

ARC Review Blood Drive by Traci Houston

Title: Blood Drive
Series: Tales of Otherkin
Author: Traci Houston
Authors Website:
Source: Requested Review
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Format: Paperback
Length: Novel



When a group of vampires rises from the dark of the humid Miami summer and murders her partner, officer Cara Evens gathers a group of allies with their own unique abilities to avenge her partner's death and save the city. To succeed she'll have to accept her own changing abilities, ignore her lust for a vampire and hide the one thing her enemies need to kill them all.


Rating:


Sexual:


Dee's Thoughts:

I would like to welcome Houston to my auto buy list! That’s right I liked it so much I want more!!!!

Cara was an amazing character. She has some unique abilities which were once dormant but are now coming back to life. This character is strong, sassy and very intelligent. Did I mention kick arse? I love a heroine who can stand by her man not behind him and that is what she does. LOVED her!

Jonathan …..well…..I am still trying to sort him out. With this being book one in the series all is not revealed, naturally. This character is still quite the mystery and I am deeply intrigued.

The secondary characters, let’s just say I adore them. Beth and Mason were hilarious, but don’t let that fool you. They may know how to pick and make wise cracks, but they are also very lethal. Now, Thomas on the other hand is the somber one of the bunch. He could be termed the glass half empty kind of guy, yet I found I thoroughly enjoyed him as well. Like Jonathan, there is still much to be learned with this character.

This was a strong beginning to the series. With this being book one, Houston spends time introducing us to the world she has created, the background to some characters, and laying the ground work for the future. The storyline was strong and the action was immense, well explained, and easily pictured in my mind. I will say as a romance fan I would have liked a bit more where the relationship between Jonathan and Cara was concerned. However, I do feel Houston intends to draw us more into the characters personal relationship, but this first book just may not have been the right time.

Book two will be a definite for this reader!


No comments:

Post a Comment