Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stolen Destiny by Gabrielle Bisset

Title: Stolen Destiny
Author: Gabrielle Bisset
Source: Authors request
Genre: Paranormal romance
Length: Novel
Authors website


Released from Nil to find a murderer, a prison-hardened Varek Leale is convinced no woman deserves the man he’s become, but his Aeveren destiny makes him succumb to sweet and sexy Callia Reynolds. To catch the murderer, they turn to Amon Kalins, an ancient Aeveren with the power to control time. But Amon isn’t a man to trifle with and when he wants something, he’ll use his considerable powers, devastating charm, and good looks to get it.

What Amon wants is Callia. When he manipulates time and seduces Callia away, Varek must turn to the people who set him free for help to get her back. But the Council doesn’t do anything without requiring something in return, and what they want is Amon Kalins, one of the most powerful Aeveren ever. Varek will do what he must to capture him and find Callia because if he doesn’t, she’ll be lost to him for untold lifetimes.

Rating-
Sexual-


Every once in a while I get a review request that comes through that really stirs my emotions, like this one. I read it got kind of pissed and rated it three stars. Then I wrote the review and the story kept rolling in my head.. Yep, it’s a story that has a lot going on and one that you have to pay close attention. So as it rolled in my head the more I found that this is a brilliant piece of writing. Time can be something we should fool with and in this story these three characters are in this middle of this time battle. One is the master mind of it Amon and the other two Varek and Carilla are the ones in the cross fire. Now, what you may not like at least I didn’t at first until I had to think it though. I need to warn spoiler here. Amon takes Carilla away from Varek and Carilla and Amon they have a good life together until Varek come back, so this is where the book really has a lot of emotions going on. Even though Amon is the villain I felt so sorry for him and I felt sorry for Varek and Carilla because they lost this time together. This book is definitely worth a try because you get a great time travel story, emotions, great characters and some really hot sex. 

Carilla is really a great heroine. She is strong and is willing to do anything to make her mate love her. 

Varek maybe ruff around the edges, but once he accepts love he will stop at nothing to get her back. 

Amon he plays his roll really well. Let’s just say he is one sneaky cat out to get what he wants. Hint here, the way Amon got under my skin I ended up liking him more then Varek.. But most of us love the bad guys more LOL.

I know some of you are like me don’t get into the two different men thing, but this one is really different. 

So after 3 days of debating this book I have to change my 3 to a 5. Why? When you find an author that can stir your emotions and make you debate it out in your head for 3 days how in the world can I not.  Anyone should enjoy a book that make you brain an emotions stirred.

No comments:

Post a Comment