Sunday, August 14, 2011

ARC review The World's Greatest Christmas Cookies: A Sweet Collection of Recipes, Tips & Decorating Ideas, and Inspiration for the Season by Rebecca Currington Snapdragon Group

Title: The World's Greatest Christmas Cookies: A Sweet Collection of Recipes, Tips & Decorating Ideas, and Inspiration for the Season
Source: Netgalley
Genre: Cookbook
Website
Release date September 1, 2011


Wonderfully unique, The World’s Greatest Christmas Cookies will delight your taste buds and make your Christmas season even sweeter! Featuring scrumptious cookie recipes, organized into fun categories including no-bakes, cutouts, and more—plus great cookie decorating tips and ideas—this big book has you covered for the entire Christmas season and beyond!





OMG! When I opened this book my mouth immediately started to drool looking at all of these fabulous pictures of cookies LOL. But. Yep, there's a but here (don't you hate that LOL.)I found the list of ingredients very lacking. I really hope it’s because I have an uncorrected proof. If it is there should be no problem with this book once it’s out in publication. But I found too many recipes that the ingredients needed to explained more. Take for instance the Pecan Care Bear cookies, it has pecans Ok, what kind? Whole chopped or crushed? Since I know they are small balls I know it should be crushed, but some may not know this. Then there is the butter, again here is it melted, softened or just cold? If you get this cookbook please use soften butter… This is a crucial step in just about every cookie. I wouldn’t mention this, but most of the book leaves out how to for the butter and other things. A few recipes had it, so I am really hoping they will fix this.

When you buy a cookbook you want clear instructions even if you have to go step by step. It just insures the product will come out even better. Plus not everyone is a master at baking and will get very frustrated if the product doesn’t turn out right, I know I have been there.
Now, the reason for my high rating is because the finished products that I made were outstanding and addictive. I also did find some different recipes that I haven’t come across, that’s kind of hard considering I have a lot of cookie cookbooks. Oh yeah, I LOVE COOKIES LOL



Pecan Care Bears
Before starting, make sure you use softened butter and crushed pecans. 
Once I put these in my mouth, I couldn't stop eating them LOL



2 cups flour
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2½ cups pecans
Powdered sugar



Mix all ingredients except
powdered sugar. Form dough
into 2-inch balls. Bake on
ungreased cookie sheet at 325
degrees for about 15 minutes.
Cool slightly and roll in
powdered sugar.
Yield: 3 dozen








No comments:

Post a Comment