Sunday, August 14, 2011

ARC Review Lord of the Vampires by Gena Showalter

Title Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows #1)
Author Gena Showalter
Genre: Paranormal romance- vampires
Format: Mass paperback
Release: date August 23, 2011 


Once upon a time…the Blood Sorcerer vanquished the kingdom of Elden. To save their children, the queen scattered them to safety and the king filled them with a need for vengeance. Only a magical timepiece connects the four royal heirs…and time is running out.


Nicolai the Vampire is renowned for his virility, but in a cruel twist of fate “The Dark Seducer” has become a sex slave in the kingdom of Delfina—stripped of his precious timepiece and his memory. All that remains is a primal need for freedom, revenge—and the only woman who can help him.

When the wanton vampire summons Jane Parker, she is helpless to obey. She's drawn to his dark sexuality and into his magical realm. But for this human, all is not a fairy tale. For saving Nicolai could mean losing the only man she's ever craved..







I don’t normally write reviews with spoilers but this review will have a few. Sorry!

I did like the story idea and the characters. I have also enjoyed all of Gena’s books until this one, but we can’t love them all.

I did like the connection between Nicolai and Jane. I just found Jane over the top so much so I found myself rolling my eyes at a lot of things she done. Here’s one instance. She still has injuries from a bad car wreck, then she has her back whipped into pieces but yet she made them both a place to get out of the weather and weapons, while in that kind physical shape. No freaking way... Then there’s the constant Jane takes everything in stride no matter what’s done to her. It drove me nuts reading it. No way would someone take on as much as she did. I like fiction but I do like it a little more realistic. Nicolai was ok I just didn’t care for this vocabulary. To me it read like he was Tarzan talking.

The coupling was good I did feel some between them, I just get tired of the fact these characters can be in all kinds of physical shape, but yet they are always up for nookie. LOL It takes them all I guess.

Then there was that one word that kept being said over and over and yet over again. Let me think what was it?? Oh yeah, "Mine" as much as I like that word, it can be carried away. I thought I was going to scream if mine was said one more time and don’t get me started with the loincloth issue being said over and over again either GRR.

Nope, I really like Gena I think she a great writer, but this one didn’t cut it for me. Sorry. Just make sure you read good and bad reviews before buying.


No comments:

Post a Comment