Thursday, August 11, 2011

Review Dirty Deed (Book #2) by R. M. Sotera

Title: Dirty Deed (Book #2)

Author: R. M. Sotera

Source: Requested Review

Genre: Paranormal Erotic - Immortals and Vampires

Format: ebook - 68 pages

Release Date: Jan 01, 2011

Author's Website











A scorned woman on the run. A Viking demon slayer torn between the love of his life and his lineage.



Las Vegas powerhouse, Sophia Dahl, is planning a wedding. Hers. But when she finds out before a romantic dinner that her dirty dancer fiancé, Jett, is actually a Norse demi-god slash Viking demon slayer and is betrothed to someone else, her world as she knows it turns upside down.



Jett embraces his new duties, but his attempt to include Sophia in the First Rite sex ritual to power meld with Sasha fails. His betrayal sends Sophia running to the French Quarter of New Orleans and into the arms of a master vampire.



Can Jett and Sophia’s true love survive the seismic shift and new people in their lives? Or will Sophia’s speak now, think later attitude cause her to become dead as a doornail?




Photobucket


Rating -



Photobucket


Sexual -



Photobucket


My Review -



Dirty Deeds is the 2nd book in there series by R.M. Sotera and I must state you should read book 1 (Dirty Dancer) before reading this only to understand what is happening in this book.



First off I have to say this book hit an emotional chord for me and I'm happy to say the author improved from the first book by getting into the characters' psyche. The book did have some very intense sex scenes (there was a little F/F/M going on which I'm not into, but it wasn't to the level that it made me feel uncomfortable), but what really pulled it together for me was the emotional development in the relationship between Jett and Sophia.



Not to spoil it for readers, but there was a part in the book that made my heartache for Sophia and the betrayal that she went through. I found myself angry at Jett for his conduct, his lack of explanation to Sophia for his actions and for the ultimate betrayal that would be very difficult to forgive. Looking at that point I felt Sophia forgave Jett too easily and he never asked for her forgiveness.



I enjoyed book 2 more then the previous book in the series as the author not only give us a hot romance but action, intrigue and the emotional development in the characters to make the readers care about their well-being. This is one book that stayed with me after reading it and I think the main reason is I just couldn't believe how the betrayal was played out and how much it hurt Sophia. I'm intrigued to read book 3 and see how this drama will unfold.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment