Monday, July 4, 2011

Review Toxic by Eve Langlais

Toxic (Blood Countess #1)
Author: Eve Langlais
Source: Requested review
Genre- Urban Fantasy with romance- vampire
Length: Novella
Authors website


Urban Fantasy/ Paranormal Romance

Either you’re with me, or you’ll feed me. 

Humans are for eating and I am not one to play with my food, so I’m baffled as to why one geeky mortal doctor makes me wish our kind could be together without my brand of love being toxic. As if suffering from human emotions isn’t problem enough, our world is about to engage in a war where our chances of survival are slim at best. And no one wants to listen.

But, I didn’t become the general of the vampire Queen’s army by being diplomatic. Everyone will fight in the upcoming battle, or they’ll feed my troops and I. Either way, all things living will do their part.

I am after all the Blood Countess, toxic lover to humans, vicious bitch to my enemies, and my word is law.
Rating-
Sexual-
Toxic is a true urban fantasy story with a touch of romance. As a romance reader I love to be able to have the two sub-genres mixed together. This book is written in Ellie POV. Ellie is tough and is out to save the humans from demons, but she comes into a surprise when she meets the mortal doctor. At first he seems human until he saves her and well, you’ll have to read to find out what this hot doctor is. Sorry, no spoilers, not LOL.

With this being more urban fantasy you’ll find an excellent cliffhanging ending and an ending that leaves romance readers pretty ticked off, (hint your killing me here yet again Eve, I want the next book now lol) so don’t look for a HEA. This is a very nice story with plenty of action and suspense. You get one hot sex scene between Ellie and Raphael.


Teaser
Annabelle sat up and leaned forward. She read aloud, As expected, our coming out has caused quite the furor, but so far no signs of mobbing humans or an increase in stake production. However, the call to understand us is great, thus in the spirit of openness and goodwill, the regency has decided to allow one of its loyal subjects to answer the questions of one highly regarded scientist and doctor. As general, I expect you to put yourself at the discretion of Doctor Raphael Angelus. Be candid and allow him to conduct his tests. We already know what he will find. Oh, and Elizabeth, don‘t eat him,
please. By order of your queen.
Annabelle laughed.
I glared at her. It‘s not funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment