Friday, February 5, 2010

Review: Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley


Pride Mates
Author: Jennifer Ashley
Shape-shifter
Paperback 304 pgs
Authors website

Summary:
Twenty years ago shape shifters and announced themselves
to the world only to be shunted into
“Shiftertowns” and forced to wear collars that control
their hunting and fighting instincts (referred to as
“Taking the Collar”).

Liam Morrissey, big cat-Shifter, is currently liaison between the Shifters of Austin, TX, and the humans of the city. Kim
Fraser, attorney, finds herself in the unique position of
having to defend a Shifter on a murder charge.

Kim ventures to Shiftertown to seek Liam’s help and
stumbles across too many secrets that the Shifters want
kept secret. The unmated Liam is forced to protect Kim
against the wrath of his clan leader and his own father,
and to his surprise discovers a powerful attraction to
the sassy, sexy lady.
******************************************************************************
Laurie's review
Sexual- Hot
rating 5/5
I simply loved this book. It has everything that I enjoy in a good paranormal romance. Let me give you a small list; some violence,(lets just say this book is not for the faint of heart in some parts), some humor, a mystery, excitement, sizzling hot sex, and a shape shifting world unlike I have never read before.

Here is a small list of things I liked; Liam and Kim have the right amount of sizzle, each is stubborn at times, then they are totally working together in their romance. So you don’t get to much of roll over and give in or stubborn in either one. I also like how the shape shifting world is explained not to over the top, plus it doesn’t take away form the romance or storyline. I like how the claiming of mates is done, it’s very different from most shape shifter books.

I love my alphas to have respect to all those around him and Liam has that. As a hot alpha he can bring down the best of them, but never disrespects his family or friends. Kim is wonderful the way she can stand up to the shape shifters, but still have a heart for all that’s around her in the shape shifting town. I also liked,Sean and Conner, Liam’s brothers. They are very hot.

The only drawback was Kim at some points keeps comparing Liam and Able to each other, it’s not much, but it still got under my skin.

This was a very hot sexy PNR with all the right stuff for me. Now, I just need the next book……

No comments:

Post a Comment