Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tempting Fate Part II: Son of a Norn!


Do you knock on wood? Avoid walking under ladders? Do you have little rituals for luck?

I guess I'm a pretty superstitious person, because I do. And sometimes I think I even jinx myself. Like when I was talking about tempting fate the other day.

As if things weren't bad enough with this cold I wished upon myself (that just will NOT go away, ugh), I dropped a jar of peanut butter--plastic, 2.5 pounds, net weight--on my big toe. It immediately turned purple and it's literally howling in pain. What? You can't hear that? It's deafening, I tell you!

Obviously, I brought this insufferable toe pain upon myself by bemoaning my sickness on the interwebs, thereby poking a pointed stick, possibly covered in marshmallow goo, at Fate. How else would that jar of peanut butter have slipped right out of my hands and onto my toe? Is there a saint to pray for to keep from losing my toenail? Should I light some candles?

Are you superstitious? Do you believe in jinxes and self-fulfilling prophecies? I'd love to hear about it. (Lordhavemercy, I'm so out of it this morning I just spelled prophecies with an F. *insert eye-roll here*)

Anyone else battling Nyquil addiction, er, I mean, this staggering headcold, too? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment