Saturday, July 24, 2010

Review Martha Stewart cupcakes by Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart Cupcakes
Author Martha Stewart
I bought my copy form BAM



Book description:
The perfect cupcake for every occasion.

Swirled and sprinkled, dipped and glazed, or otherwise fancifully decorated, cupcakes are the treats that make everyone smile. They are the star attraction for special days, such as birthdays, showers, and holidays, as well as perfect everyday goodies. In Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes, the editors of Martha Stewart Living share 175 ideas for simple to spectacular creations–with cakes, frostings, fillings, toppings, and embellishments that can be mixed and matched to produce just the right cupcake for any occasion. Alongside traditional favorites like yellow buttermilk cupcakes swirled with fluffy vanilla frosting and devil’s food cupcakes crowned with rich, dark chocolate buttercream, there are also sweet surprises such as peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, dainty delights like tiny almond-cherry tea cakes, and festive showstoppers topped with marizpan ladybugs or candy clowns.

The book features cupcakes for everyone, every season, and every event: Celebrations (monogram heart cupcakes perfect for an elegant wedding); Birthdays (starfish-on-the-beach cupcakes sure to be a hit at children’s parties); Holidays (gumdrop candy ghouls and goblins ideal for Halloween revelers); and Any Day (red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for a picnic, or caramel-filled mini chocolate cakes for grown-up gatherings).

In singular Martha Stewart style, the pages are both stunning in design–with a photograph of each finished treat–and brimming with helpful how-to information, from step-by-step photographs for decorating techniques to ideas for packaging and presentingyour cupcakes. Whether for any day or special days, the treats in Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes will delight one and all.



My review
Rating-

My daughter and I wanted to make more cupcakes for the simple fact we eat less cake this away, I have no clue why. I kept looking for a good cupcake cookbook and found most of them just had cupcakes designed for kids. In the back of my mind I new Martha Stewarts cupcakes would be the only one for me. So I bought it. While listing to my daughter saying "don’t we have enough Martha Stewart cookbooks"? I say “so than what’s one more added to the kindle.” LOL.

When I revived the book and looked it over, I was very pleased with the over look of the book and how the pictures and pages followed, I couldn’t wait to start. This book has just basic cupcakes from chocolate chip, yellow buttermilk, carrot, red velvet, coconut, devil’s food and more. You get the icing recipe for each one too. Then there is the dipped and glazed cupcakes which is, brown sugar pound cake, streusel cupcake, pumpkin brown butter cupcake and more. Then you go to Simple and sweet cupcakes like marble cupcakes, raspberry marble cheesecakes and more. Next we have filled and layered mint cupcakes like filled brownie, black forest, peanut better filled chocolate and the categories goes on. You get tips on how to decorate cupcakes for the holidays. What I have made I’ve really enjoyed making and eating them. Well I guess the eating more;)



No comments:

Post a Comment