Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Review The Darkest Passion by Gena Showlater

The Darkest Passion
Author Gena Showalter
Paranormal romance-Demon
Mass paperback 416pgs
Authors website




Book Description

For weeks, the immortal warrior Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence. An angel--demon-assassin--has been sent to kill him. Or has she? Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting--and falling for--Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this "mortal" with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion?

Now, with an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't....



My review
Rating-

Sexual-

Few spoilers
The Darkest Passion is not one of my favorite out of the series. I had a hard time getting into the first 250 pages of this book. All I seamed to read was how desperate Olivia wants to be with Aeron, she all but got on her knees and begged and I do believed she would have done just that. And every time Aeron keep wanting to take her to town to get rid of her, she would try to put a guilt tip on him, so she could stay grrr. I know she went though a lot to be with him but after the first 100 pages this is enough no more trying to make him keep her. And then there is Legion I mean throw her out of a window of a high story building. Legion will really make you hate her with her extreme measures she does just to keep Aeron. Its really amazing what Olivia and Legion do to try to keep him to their selves

This does change after 250 pgs. There was more excitement added to the book plus Olivia finely cools her engine for Aeron. When Aeron wants to start up she tells him no she doesn’t want to be brought to a point and said no to again, I finely said “good for her”. This is also where the story turns sad. So at some point before 250 pages you want to quit please keep going you may also find the last better then the first.

I really liked Aeron until he gave into the notion to have romantic relations with Legion, I lost it all my like for him after that.

I really enjoyed reading more on Paris, William and Gideon and knowing that Gideon‘s book is next it made this one well worth reading, I cant wait for his book. I would like to add there are lot of excellent passages in this book, so don’t be surprised when you read something and have to read it again and just be in awe at how it was written(


No comments:

Post a Comment