Friday, January 21, 2011

Meet Author Mira Lyn Kelly


Mira’s Bio:

Mira Lyn Kelly grew up in the Chicago area and earned her degree in Fine Arts from Loyola University. She met the love of her life while studying abroad in Rome, Italy, only to discover he’d been living right around the corner from her for the previous two years. Having spent her twenties working and playing in the Windy City, she’s now settled with her husband in rural Minnesota where their four beautiful children provide an excess of action, adventure, and entertainment.

With writing as her passion and inspiration striking at the darnedest times, Mira can always be found with a notebook at the ready. (More than once she’s been caught by the neighbors, covered in grass clippings, scribbling away atop the compost container!)

When she isn’t reading, writing, or running to keep up with the kids, she loves watching movies, blabbing with the girls, and cooking with her husband and friends.

Front Page Affair



Book Description

Payton hasn't seen Nate Evans in years—not since he used to hang out with her brother in high school. But now she and Nate are guests at the same wedding where the notorious millionaire offers her a wild proposal—a sexy, scandalous and irresistible affair!

Nate's outrageous proposition was supposed to stay only paper-thin; it was merely a ploy to distract the tabloids from another, all-too-real scandal. But neither he nor Payton expected such a very public affair to prove so very hot in private…

Or to have such lasting consequences


Mira Lyn, welcome to Romance Author Buzz and Bloggiesta Ole.

Mira Lyn:   Thank you so much for having me—I’m thrilled to be here!

Is there a back story to Front Page Affair?

Mira Lyn:   I’m a complete junky for friends-to-lovers and reunited-lovers stories. FRONT PAGE AFFAIR sort of sprung up when the two came together in an idea that incorporated a little bit of what I love best in both themes…the simmering tension of a past almost realized, and the easy rapport of two people who know just enough about each other to be dangerous.

Do you plot your stories or let your characters lead you.

Mira Lyn:   A little bit of both, to be honest. I generally have an idea for a hook. The meeting and first sparks. It’s usually what becomes the first scene in the story, though in FRONT PAGE AFFAIR it was actually the second scene in the storage closet I couldn’t ignore. My bridesmaid on the lamb just kept sneaking into my head…talking, lol, until I sat down and started plotting her out.

How long have you been writing and what was your call story?

Mira Lyn:   I’ve been writing most of my life, but my first attempt at an actual book began about ten years ago. I wrote an ill-fated suspense that really wanted to be a romance…only it didn’t know it at the time. And if there’s any doubt as to why said book was not published… the heroine was an abducted, amnesiac, suffering from acute agoraphobia. (Oh, come on, now you’re hooked—I know it!)

This will sound crazy, but I think the best part of my call story for WILD FLING OR A WEDDING RING, is that I actually tried to talk the editor I was working with out of requesting it. I hadn’t written it for the line and was sure it wasn’t right. Fortunately, she suggested I let her look anyway…and thank goodness I have this thing about accommodating editors.

What are you currently working on?

Mira Lyn:   An opposites-attract story (working title: Mr. Right-Now) about a woman so overwhelmed by the demands of her family, she doesn’t have room in her life for romance…That is until she meets a man so completely wrong for her, he couldn’t be more right… for a single night. Only we all know how those string-free single nights have a way of turning into something more… it’s a lot of fun.

Of all of your characters, do you have a favorite you identify with and why?

Mira Lyn:   Lol, I do. She’s in the current book I’m working on. And no, sadly, it’s not the vivacious, sexy, so much fun heroine… but her older, less cool, completely frazzled sister!

What is the best thing about your job as an author? What is the hardest thing?

Mira Lyn:   The best thing about being an author has to be the free license to dwell in fantasy land. I’m there most of the time anyway, so the justification goes a long way. The hardest thing is accepting that forcing creativity to happen on a timetable just doesn’t always happen.

Describe a day in the life of Mira Lyn Kelly.

Mira Lyn:   Okay, brace yourself for the excitement (suggest a strong cup of coffee to help keep you awake, lol)! I’m usually up at 5am trying to squeeze in a few hours of writing before the four kids join me at seven. Then it’s breakfasts, book bags, and the mad dash for the bus. From there, things open up and I write around whatever calamities life happens to be serving up (this week it’s a crack in the foundation and a frozen sump!). By four the kids are home and I’m back in mommy mode, running everyone to swimming, wrangling homework, and pushing dinner onto the table. It’s been a long time coming, but now that everyone is in school, I’m definitely enjoying the split of working during the day and spending my evenings focused on the family. I’ll admit though, I don’t make a lot of time for housework.

What is something you definitely want readers to know about you?

Mira Lyn:  I like to have fun and think life’s a lot better when you can laugh through it.

What are you currently reading?

Mira Lyn:   Rachel Gibbons – Simply Irresistible.

Before I let you go is there anything I forgot to ask that you want the readers and fans to know?

Mira Lyn:   I’m just very excited to have the chance to share my stories with you. Thanks so much to you, Marilyn, for having me to your blog today and to everyone who has been kind enough to check out my writing.

Mira, thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me!

To win a copy of Front Page affair, follow Mira on Facebook or her blog, tell you what you thought of her interview and come back here and post your email address. A winner will be announced January 24th.

Mira’s Blog
Mira on Facebook



INTERNATIONAL CONTEST – To win a copy of Front Page Affair, follow Mira Lyn on Facebook and/or follow this blog. Post a comment, along with your email address. Winner will be announced January 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment