Monday, January 31, 2011

Black History Month at Sequential Crush!

Friends! February is a very special month! Not only does it contain the lovely Valentine's Day holiday, it is also Black History Month! I have acquired a number of issues since last February with stories of African-American characters, and I can't wait to share them with you. This is especially exciting for me, because I am doing some long-term research on the portrayal of racial integration and diversity in romance comics and you, fair reader, will get a preview of that research! In anticipation for what I hope will be a stimulating month at Sequential Crush, below are a few links to posts from February of last year!


The saga of Margo and Chuck
Black + White = Heartbreak!
Parts one and two


The kiss-less romance,
Marvel's "I Failed at Love!"


Out of This World also did a great series
on African-American characters in comics
including the interracial romance,
"Full Hands, Empty Heart"




Looking forward to seeing you around this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment