Monday, January 24, 2011

Meet Author Liz Borino



Liz Borino is the debut author of Expectations. Throughout her education, including a Bachelor’s Degree from Hofstra University, she’s kept her stories to herself, but this only child is all grown up and wants to share them with the world. Her roots are in Bethlehem, Pa, but she loves to experience new cultures. As fun as that is Liz likes nothing better than curling up at home with a good book or her work in progress.
Welcome Liz, to Romance Author Buzz.  How long have you been writing and what was your call story?

Liz:  Oh I’ve been writing since I was 11.

What are you currently working on?

Liz:   I’m nearing the end of my sequel to Expectations, a Contemporary Romance. The sequel is titled What Money Can’t Buy.

Of all of your characters, do you have a favorite you identify with and why?

Liz:   I love my boys the best. You know Carley plays a very different, i.e. more important role than I thought she would, but I still love the twins and Aiden best. Of the boys? I’d say either Chris or Aiden. They’re such an awesome couple.

What is the best thing about your job as an author? What is the hardest thing?

Liz:  The best part is having the opportunity to share my stories with the world and have people tell me my words touched them. Nothing’s better than that, except being able to do that and get paid.

The hardest thing is finding time to write, market, and make money to pay bills while you wait for your royalty check.

Describe a day in the life of Liz Borino.

Liz:   I wake up around or 6. The first thing I do is drink a Diet Peach Snapple and open up my WIP. The morning hours are great for moving my story forward. After that I work on my WIP for a few hours until 9 or 10 at which point I might either keep going or switch to day job tasks. I’ll work on the day job for a few hours before going back to WIP.

What is something you definitely want readers to know about you?

Liz:   There is always a story in my head; therefore, writing is both natural and difficult. Natural because I’m expressing myself in some form and difficult because I need to make that make sense for other people.

Scene you like most and would never cut.

Liz:   I don’t know that I like the scene so much as it’s important for the plot. It’s a controversial scene when Chris came out to his father. I don’t want to say more than that.

Thing your hero would never be caught dead doing/saying:

Liz:   Neither Aiden nor Chris would ever hit the other in any manner. Aiden was abused as a child and would never tolerate physical violence in himself or his partner.

Scene in the book that moved you the most as you wrote it, or made you the most happy?

Liz:   I just wrote a love scene between Chris and Aiden after they just experienced a horrible loss. They were able to find comfort in each other while at the same time dealing with their sadness.

Have you learned or found any bizarre facts while doing research?

Liz:   I don’t know about bizarre, but I’ve found plenty of medical facts in my research. Each of my books has had someone winding up in the hospital, so I had to make my facts line up.

What is one thing in your history that has influenced your writing, whether it’s a character, your work habits, or your favorite plot conflict?

Liz:  Michael Cunningham wrote a book called A Home at the End of the World, and that book really shaped my approach to writing. His work is very much a character study as is mine. The other author which I feel had a profound influence on me is S.E. Hinton. Her books are very much male centered and I apply that to my own writing

What’s next?

Liz:   I hope that my writing inspires other people to express themselves. Expectations, especially, is about living your best life and I hope something in my words touches people.

Before I let you go is there anything I forgot to ask that you want the readers and fans to know?

Liz’s website
Liz on Facebook

International Contest:  To win a copy of Liz’s EBook, post a comment here, or follow her on Facebook.  Come back and leave your email address so you can be contacted.  Winner will be announced February 28th.

Expectations depicts the struggle between what we desire for ourselves and our familiar obligations. This is personified by Chris and Matt Taylor, identical twins who are trying to win their overbearing father's approval and acquire their trust funds. Their best friend and roommate, Aiden O' Boyle, left his family in Ireland to pursue a career in dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment