Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New blood book blogger on the block interview



Please welcome Crystal from Paranormal Romance Addict .

Laurie-Hello Crystal, thanks so much for being here and being the New blood book blogger for this month. Would you please tell us a little about yourself?
Crystal-Thanks for having me Laurie this is so exciting!
Hi! *vampire kiss-kiss*, my name is Crystal and I’m a 28 year old Florida girl. I’m married and a stay at home momma to a five-year-old daughter and three-year-old son. And of course, I’m a total bookworm!

Laurie-How long have you been reading? What’s your favorite genre?
Crystal-I've been reading since I was about seven, my mom says that I’ve always had my nose stuck in a book. My favorite genre is paranormal romance of course!

Laurie-When and why did you start doing book reviews?
Crystal-I started doing reviews on my other blog, Reading Between the Wines Book Club, towards the end of last year. But since paranormal romance is what I mainly read and my all time reading love I decided to create a blog solely dedicated to that and here we are.
I started reviewing books because I’m constantly reading and I love gushing about great books that I find and recommending them to others. And the hubs starts tuning me out after a while when I subject him to this. hehe

Laurie-How long have you been reviewing books?
Crystal-About five months.

Laurie-Do you take notes for your reviews while you read?
Crystal-Sometimes I do, on ARC’s and requests mostly.

Laurie-Why did you start a book blog?
Crystal-Because I really am addicted to paranormal romance, just ask the hubs!
I wanted a place that I could discuss that and nothing else with others who share my love. I’ve also found that it’s a great way to find new authors and keep up-to-date on news and releases.

Laurie-How long does it usually take you to read and write a review for your blog?
Crystal-Read: 1-2 days
Write Review: An hour or two, unless I’m having a hard time putting it together, then I might come back and try again later or the next day. I’m a better reader then I am a writer. =)

Laurie-What’s the hardest thing you had to do in setting up your blog?
Crystal-Trying to come up with something unique with the layout and banner/buttons. There are just so many of us book bloggers out there using the same resources it was a bit difficult and I hope I accomplished my goal. *fingers crossed*

Laurie-What’s the most exciting thing that has happened to you since you started your blog?
Crystal-Conversing with new author Dianne Duvall via email and getting to read an arc of her upcoming release Darkness Dawns. She’s such a sweetie and a fabulous writer.

That is a huge joy of book blogging for me, getting to meet new authors and find even more great books to read!

Laurie-What’s your favorite thing to do on your blog?
Crystal-Posting author and book news; I get so excited when I learn something new about a favorite author or series, I love sharing it with others.

Laurie-Any tips that you have for a new upcoming book blogger?
Crystal-If you build it they will come…LoL
Don’t worry about your follower count; followers will come with time. Just enjoy what you do and have fun. And don’t be afraid to ask for help from your fellow bloggers if you need it, most of us are nice and willing to lend a hand. =)

Laurie-What are the most books you read in a week?
Crystal-Probably about ten. I read Christine Feehans Dark Carparthian series in about 2 weeks, which were 20 books at the time.

Quick questions:
Spoilers or no spoilers? No major spoilers
Author interviews or guest post? Guest Posts
Long reviews or short reviews? Short on PRA ;)
Kindle or Sony -reader? Ick, I hate my Sony
Paperback or PDF? Both

Please visit Paranormal Romance Addict  and if you like what Crystal reviews please follow.

Now Blood book blogger on the blog is a interview I host for new book bloggers. All you have to do is review books and have under 100 followers to be interviewed. I do this for new book bloggers in hopes to help them out a little. If your interested in being interviewed please email me, you can find it under contact.
~Laurie~

No comments:

Post a Comment